Followers

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Simply Sunday "Summer Fun"

Good afternoon friends,


***If you are looking for the Lasting Memories post, please scroll down***

Welcome to another Simply Sunday challenge over at Getting Cricky and it's Summer Fun.  I am so excited about today's challenge because I did something new!!!  I am using the Splashtastic Summer stamp set and really had a ball with this one.  Now remember, for EVERY stamp set you purchase, Kristal is donating $1 to a charity.  Again, that's for EVERY stamp set, not just right now, or last week, but forever as long as she sells them.  So when you are thinking about purchasing a set, think about how you will be helping a charity also.  Isn't that just a great feeling?


I wanted to make an action wobble card.  About 6 or 8 months ago I received a sample package of those action wobbles and put them aside and totally forgot about them.  Ugh, I tend to do that way too much...  I didn't have a seal on any of my carts so I found a clipart of this seal and traced it in SCAL.  I used one peachy keen eye from one of my sets and added a smiling face which I free hand drew.  Straight and curve lines I can draw, but that's about the extent of it.  The background paper was from my stash and I made my own faux baker's twine like I did here, only this time I did three colors and I love it. I had these beach balls in my stash also and they were just perfect for this card.  Now back to the wobbles...I cut my seal and went to add the wobble...and it was too BIG, or my seal was too small.  I was so bummed until a light bulb went off and I made my own action wobble.
Let me show you how I did it but be aware this is a photo heavy tutorial:














and there you have your own action wobble.  Now, mind you, I am not taking away from the Action Wobbles, because they are awesome.  My problem was that I need the wobble to be smaller because my seal was too small for the "real" action wobble.  I just needed to make my own for smaller cuts is all.  Here are a few shots showing my wobble in action...I wish I had the time or patience to make another video.  I just don't know how some of you guys do it, plus I do not have an editing program and believe me, I need a lot of editing help.  LOL




So what do you think?  Cute eh?  I think so.  Now go make something with "Summer Fun" and head on over to Getting Cricky and join our challenge.  If you have the Splashtastic Summer stamp set use it and HAVE A BALL!!!

14 comments:

  1. Oh Brenda, your card is just way too cute! I love the wobble action. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda
    Great card, I love what you did with those balls.
    Becka
    Your DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I love that you made your own action wobble! Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgosh i love it!!! Way too cute!!! thanks for that wobble tutorial.. gonna make some tomorrow!! woo hoo!!!

    Kathy
    Your DT sista!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card. Very nice job on the seal, and the wobble. I love your twine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Brenda, I just think this is so darn cute. I love those little balls. You always do such a agreat job girlfriend.
    Hugs,
    Kathy
    DT- Sister
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Love everything about this card. The Seal is so cute. I have been wanting to use the Wobbles, but can't find them in stores. Thanks for showing how to make them, I wondered about wire...now I know. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh super cute Brenda! I love that you made your own wobblers:)
    ~Hugs~
    Becky- Your GCDT Sister
    www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brenda, how clever!!!! And what an adorable card!!! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahem--featured blogger tutorial--check!
    I love this Brenda--it's just absolutely adorable--and seal-riffic!
    hehehe

    Big Hugs,
    Kristal

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are a very clever gal! cute cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT job!! Your card is TOO CUTE with that adorable seal!! I make my own wobbles all the time (cuz I'm still on that spending freeze, so if I can make it with what I have on hand...) -- Your photo tutorial is wonderful!! :)

    Some love from your Getting Cricky Sister,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute. I love that you can make your own supplies. I can never figure those things out for the life of me.

    Precious Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWESOME!! Dont you just love those light bulb moments when you are crafting!! Thanks so much for sharing how to make some action wobbles! OOOH and I love your card it is adorable!!

    Your DT sister,
    Erika!

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say