Followers

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Simply Sunday "Postive Thoughts"

Good afternoon my friends,


***If you are looking for my Lasting Memories post, please scroll down***

I hope you are enjoying your Sunday.  As you are reading this I should be half way to our vacation destination, so with no internet access I will not be able to know if my posts have posted or moderate any comments, but I so look forward to reading all of them when I get home.  Our Simply Sunday at Getting Cricky today is to use the "Positive Thoughts" stamp set.  Every time I create something using Kristal's stamps I say to myself that this is my favorite set...I guess I don't have a favorite because they are all so awesome.  Now this set is Sold Out, but I am sure she will be restocking them soon.  Also, when you purchase this stamp set, remember that Kristal also donates $1 to Storefront Shelter (Homeless shelter for children and youth).  

I really needed some inspiration the other day so I went blog hopping and came across this super cute card at Pause Dream Enjoy, she even has a cool video to go with it.  I really wanted to try this technique and this is what I came up with.
I cut the flowers with my E-Craft and layered 3 of them
on top of each other and added a flat pearl for the center.
I also inked around all the edges.
The flap tucks behind the flower flap
I added my sentiment to the inside flap.
Isn't that just so cute?
I also inked the inside paper to give it an aged look.
Now, I could have layered more papers and dressed it up a bit more, but sometimes simple is nicer.  This was very easy to make and love the look.  Now create a card, layout or anything you want with a "Positive Thought" and then head on over to Getting Cricky and link up your project.


Did you hear???

Kristal's  NEWEST Stamp PREORDERS--for a limited time, you can get them at a discount and reserve yours before they sell out!!! 


8 comments:

  1. Brenda, this is the most adorable card!!! You did a wonderful job on it. It's really different than other cards I've seen; I'll have to check out the video!

    Hugs, my friend!

    P.S. I'm almost done with your "Pay It Forward" gift but now I can't seem to remember what I did with your address from when you sent me the stamps. If I haven't found it by the time you return, I'll let you know so that you can send it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simplicity rocks. More isn't always better and your card shows how elegant less can be. Love It!!

    Precious Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really cool card! Very pretty!

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda your card is awesome! I haven't seen this kind of fold before- I love it! Great Job!

    JulieK

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card idea and will plan on making one in the future...thanks for sharing and I love Kristal's stamps too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Brenda! Great paper and I really like the unique fold technique.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful, Brenda! The papers are so gorgeous and I LOVE the unique fold! It's almost like a card and envelope in one! I'm going to have to try this :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! I have to make a card like this. You did a super job.
    Hugs, Jenni
    http://mylollipopgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say