Followers

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Get Whale Soon

Good morning fellow crafters and onlookers

Today is another quick post with 3 variations of 1 stamp.  As you know I've been having a blast with the Getting Cricky stamp sets.  I will have a bit more time now that I am not working, but looking...We've had some issues where I work and have decided to leave my position for safety and personal reasons and look elsewhere.  My parents brought me up not to quit something before something else was in place, but this was a necessity.  As much for me as for my family also.  It will be rough going for a little while, but I know with God's help, this was meant to be.  So, now onto my card (s).

I just love this Summer Splashtastic set and remember you are not just purchasing a stamp set, you are also donating $1 to Autism Research Institute, now that's worth it by far.  This set is so darn cute and so many possibilities.  My mom is in the hospital right now after having undergone back surgery last week so I wanted to make her a "Get Whale Soon" card...hahaha.  I just hope she isn't in too much pain after laughing at the card.  I made 3 versions and would love it, if you told me which one you like the best.

Here is No. 1

I didn't have a Whale cut, so I found an image on
 google and traced him into my SCAL.  I added
the peachykeen Dumplings face and made it a girl.
 Here is No. 2

Same file only this time I added a wobble so he moves.
This is also a peechykeen face but the Everyday Characters set.
The clouds are pop dotted also.

Here is No. 3
This is a SCAL cut sun but I pop dotted the face with a peechykeen stamp
Everyday Character and added glitter to the rays.  The wave is cut from the
Graphically Speaking cart and also glittered.  The whale is from
Michaels $1 bin.
Now aren't they just too cute?  Really, I like them all, but I do have a favorite but I won't tell you until I get all the comments back.  Now see, how you can change things around a bit and make all sorts of variations with 1 stamp set.  Too much fun!!!  Now if you would be so kind, leave a comment and tell me which card I should send to my mom... I'd really appreciate it.  Have a great day!!!

9 comments:

  1. They are all great cards Brenda. I love all you can do with SCAL. I should have gotten it when I had the chance. My favorite is #2, the one with the wobble. I love the face on him. He looks happier. Great job. I hope your mom recovers quickly and that you are able to find another job soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all cute and what a great way to make different variations! I wish you the best on finding a new job, I'm sure you put a lot of thought and prayer into it. We will pray for you as well. Everything happens for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sue, #2 is my favorite. Hope your mom has a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All 3 are fantastic, Brenda! #2 is my favorite. That whale is just too cute! Love those Peachy Keen faces.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all cute, but I think #2 is myu favorite - I love that face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #2 is my favorite also because of his cute face and i'm sure the wiggle action makes it look like he is swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi...I saw your card on Facebook and thought it was adorable and then decided to check out your blog...I love your #2 card.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Send the second one to your Mom.. they are all great cards though...
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say