Followers

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Getting Cricky hijack #6 Something old, something new & Winner

Did ya hear?  The Getting Cricky Design Team has HIJACKED the Getting Cricky Blog while Kristal is away!!  I'm so happy to be able to share something old and something new with you today...


As most of you know, I've been following Kristal's blog pretty much as long as she has been blogging.  I found her by accident shortly after she started blogging and was hooked, I mean - hook, line and sinker.  She has the best tutorials, videos, giveaways and most of all INSPIRATION!!!  There are days I have been down and out and I go back and reread previous posts that she has written just to lift my heart a bit.  It seems as if she is talking directly to me and makes me wonder how she can know exactly what I am going through.  Then I look at my "problem" and remember that I am not the only one who has a rough time.  We all have our "days" and think "my life so so bad", but someone else is going through something today too.  They are thinking the same thing...so pick yourself up and change what you are so unhappy about and turn that frown upside down.  You are the only one that can change your attitude.  Sure others help, but it's up to you to pull up those boot strings and make it a better day...Remember "Today is the first day of the rest of your life"!  Sometimes we just need to simplify our lives...to much baggage and to much drama.  I am starting to see that now in a brighter light.  Unemployed means a lot of time on my hands to think (and yes, job search), but I've come to realize that I have everything I need right here at home!!!  I have a great husband, that supports my crafting lifestyle, even if he doesn't understand it.  I have a great daughter and son in law who are expecting their 2nd child.  I have two sons who help out at home and love that mom can hang out with them and watch tv or just sit and chat.  I have a beautiful granddaughter that I absolutely adore and a craft room full of "stuff".  What more can I ask for?  Sure...I can't go out an buy those really good specials at Michaels or the newest toy right now because the extra money isn't there, but I can shop my stash and revisit oldies but goodies.  Sometimes we tend to forget what's right here at home...so here is what I found for you today.


If you all remember Kristal used to sell her SVG files online.  She has made some of the cutest files and oh how I have bought my share...LOL  I could own stock in her company...hahaha.  Well, when she came out with her stamp sets, not only did I buy them, but I love them, just like I did her files.  I was looking to make a card the other day and I was looking at her "Food for Thought" stamp set (that's how I get my inspiration) and I remember I had purchased this "Orange You Sweet" file of hers.  So I dug way deep into my computer of files upon files and found it and came up with this:
I added some fake flowers and attached some bling
for the centers as embellishments 
Of course I used the "Food for Thought" stamp set and
stamped directly onto the ribbon.  I love doing this
to add a bit more to plain ribbon
The E-craft also draws so this was pretty cool.
The drawback to that is that the E-Craft only
has black pens, but it worked for this.
See what you can make if you just stop and reflect on the past a little?  I feel very good about my card and am excited to be able to combine something old and something new.  Now, I don't know if Kristal is still selling any of her files, but I am sure if you emailed her she can answer any of your questions.


NOW, onto the winner for the Operation Owl Thank You blog hop for Kristal...you ladies were amazing.  Thank you to everyone that participated and to those of you that have donated stuff for the grand prize...Also to those of you that added cards to the linky.  I will be getting the package for Kristal together this Friday as I am leaving on vacation then.  If cards come in while I am on vacation, Kristal will get a bonus package...LOL
so, without further ado...the winner for the Operation Owl Thank You blog hop is..........................................



OmaGloria said...




Very cute card Brenda. I made a little something for Kristal. I was just getting ready to send it to her when I heard the news that she was moving. Can I send it to you and can you get it to her?

Precious Hugs


7 comments:

  1. what a lovely post my friend and i so agree with you Kristal is an amazing woman and i truly feel for her right now in her time of need :-( I love that you reminded me that life is still good no matter what may be going on in our lives. We still have family & friends and yes maybe not that new crafting toy but PLENTY of craft items and a house with lights and food. Sometimes its amazing how someone else's post makes everyone feel as though they were talking just to you! Thank you love for sharing today! Have a good holiday:-)
    Scrappingmamma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda this is so colorful and beautiful . Reminds me of a beautiful garden!

    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me some blog luv!! Your card is so cute.. Love the little face on the orange! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Card Brenda and Thank you for you Inspirational Post today. I needed it. So Happy that you visited me at my New blog and that you became a follower. Thanks, Cindy
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Brenda, your card is just beautiful! And I love all the wonderful colors!!!

    That "Food for Thought" line of stamps looks so cute!

    Hey, Brenda, you stole my motto -- "Today is the first day of my life"... lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great card! Love your blog!! I'm a new follower and I can't wait to see more!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW thank you so much!! I just emailed you. Your card is so cute. I also love Kristal's cut files.

    Precious Hugs

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say