Followers

Monday, July 18, 2011

Stinking cute blog award and E-craft

Good morning


I just love it when people come and read my blog and leave me a comment.  It makes blogging worth it so much more.  Don't get me wrong, even if you didn't comment, I will still be leaving my two cents worth, bbwwwaaa.  Then there are those who receive blog awards and want to pass them onto me.  So I want to thank you all for thinking of me!!!  Now Janice from Cricutology passed this one onto me also and I just love her blog.  She has some of the cutest things going on over there and her videos are so informative.  But what I love about her blog the best is that she has a daily blessing on her sidebar.  I love going over there to read what inspiration there is for the day.  I usually start my morning reading her blessing!!!  Go over and check it out...you might find a new way to start your morning.  Now my problem is finding someone who has not received that particular blog award, so if you have already received the award, I am sorry for the duplication.  In no particular order here goes:
Kim at http://me-makimsplace.blogspot.com/
Sharon at http://sharonbscraps.blogspot.com/
Sue at http://thescrappingsofsue.blogspot.com/
Karen at http://creationsbykw.blogspot.com/
Denise at http://thruthelookingglass-glassgraffitix2.blogspot.com/
Thank you all again for making blogging worth it so much more for me.  You are all an inspiration to me!!!


ok, now to something else.  I have had my E-craft for about 3 months now and really haven't played with it until recently.  I am test cutting for someone's new files and since I am the only one in the group that has the E-Craft I am designated to using it.  I really am glad to have a reason to use it.  I want to show you some detailed cuts I did using the cart that came with the E-craft.  Now I will be able to use my SCAL with it, I am just waiting to get my SCAL 3 upgrade and then I will be fully function able.  The E-craft does come with it's own software, but I don't care too much for it.  I would rather use my SCAL, but that is partially because I am so used to it.  So here is my E-Craft
Yup, it's purple.  Love it.
Now I just have to think of a cute logo
in vinyl for on the lid



All these cuts are 3 inches.
Now my cricut could do these also, but it couldn't do it with this paper.  In order for me to use this paper with my cricut, I would use spray tac and glue it to another piece of cardstock, wait until it was completely dry and then it would cut with my cricut.  This paper is just a teensy tiny bit heavier than your regular computer paper and in my cricut, no matter what I did to change the blade depth, pressure, speed, etc., I could never get a clean cut. It would tear my paper and make me very frustrated, because I have a lot of this paper.  My son bought it for me for Christmas last year from Sam's club and I love most of it and would like to use it.  If I get a chance this week I will do a short video, but until then, these pictures will have to do.  Please leave me a comment or email me if you have any questions on the E-Craft and I will try to dedicate a day once a week to give an E-craft tutorial.  So far I must say I am very happy with the cutting ability.

7 comments:

  1. Like the detail cuts. Thanks for comment on my Food Group card and now it is #1 in the Gettingcricky,.com Simply Sunday Food for Thought Challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The e craft looks cool. I so want one because how it makes the intricate cuts that I know the circut can't do. Ugh..but I've invested so much money on carts can't justify. I have 2 and one is still in it's box! Hahahahhaha...but I still want this maChine, my scal is still working on my cricut..but when it stops working with it I'll buy his machine...has to be super awesome sale or something that I've won! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, congrats on your well received and adorable award.

    Those cuts you made on your E Machine came out perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for talking about the E Machine. I have an expression and I just bought the E2 the week it debut on HSN. Which I love, the E2 it cuts much better than the expression. I wrestled with getting the E2 or the E Machine but I don't have Scal or MTC so I just got the E2. But someday I might get one, I will be back. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your award Brenda, and thank you SO MUCH for being so very kind, and passing it on to me!!! It is sooooooooo thoughtful!!! :) I'm honored!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! Thank you SO much!!! I had no idea you left this for me. I'm honored, Love it! Congrats to you for receiving it to!

    Hmmmm, I'm going to have to have a better peek at your machine here!!!

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say