Followers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Simply Sunday "Freedom isn't Free"

Good day all my friends,
+++If you are looking for the Lasting Memories challenge, please scroll down+++
Today is another great  day to be alive.  Here we are again for another Simply Sunday at Getting Cricky.  This week's challenge is featuring our "Freedom isn't Free" stamp set.  I know we just came from a Getting Cricky blog hop, click here if you missed it, featuring this stamp set, but can we ever do too much for out troops?  I currently have 4 friends that are serving overseas and I pray for them every day.  There is still time to make a card and mail it here if you want to join in for the Run for the Fallen.

With all the posts that we've been doing lately for our soldiers, I started to think about my dad a lot more.  He served in the Army as a paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne division so I thought, since I will be seeing him soon I would make him a card and this is what I came up with.

Again, I used the Stand and Salute cart and Kristal's "Freedom isn't Free" stamp set of course.  I bought this cartridge because I thought I would be able to make some cool 4th of July images for my layouts, but making these cards has been a great delight for me.  I just can't seem to make enough.

Here is a mug I did for him a while back:
These are the paratrooper wings and his name that
I vinyled onto a travel coffee mug for him.
He takes that mug everywhere.

I hope you've enjoyed my card and hope that you will come over to Getting Cricky and add one of your own and maybe honor someone close to you as I am doing for my dad.

4 comments:

  1. Your dad is going to love this card. It's great. I really need to use that cartridge more. Now that I have the Freedom Isn't Free stamp set, I really should be making so cards. That mug is awesome. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome creations Brenda...great work! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, Brenda! And that coffee mug is a great idea. What a fabulous personalized gift.

    Kelly (Getting Cricky Guest Designer)
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brenda
    Great card today, I love that camo paper. The mugs is awesome too. I haven't done vinyl yet, I am a little scare to try it.
    Becka
    You DT Sister

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say