Followers

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Lasting Memories #45 "Create an Album with a Summer Theme"

Good morning,

Welcome to another Lasting Memories challenge.  This is a doozie.  We were to create an album with a Summer Theme.  What's more summery than flowers right?  Well, this is what I did:

I cut two pieces of chipboard 7 x 7 inches.  Then I glued my pattern paper (from Michaels) to the front of the cover and piece of plain cardstock to the inside of my cover.

I should have done this "after" I created the spine...oops, next time.
Then I glued the pattern paper to the backside of the cover and layed a piece of ribbon to the inside middle and covered it with another piece of plain cardstock to create the closure for the album.
 
Depending on how many pages you want for your book accordion fold a strip of paper per sheet.  In my case I have 9 sheets cut at 6 x 6 inches.  Then I glued the pages into the valleys of the accordion fold.  Next glue your spine inside each cover and it's finished.

VERY easy, peasy.  I did not embellish the outside of my album yet because I am waiting for that special reason to give this away.

I hope I've inspired you to create an album and make it yours.  Be sure to head on over to Lasting Memories and link up your album.  Remember, it can be any type of an album, as long as you "MADE" it.

13 comments:

  1. Great job Brenda. You make is sound so easy. I will have to give this one a try too. What a great idea to save it for a gift. It will be a fabulously appreciated gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your album. I never new how to put pages in like you did, so, thank you very much for the how to. Have a happy holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh!!! I love this! And how easy you made it sound. I will put this idea in the back of my crafty head. Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you make this sound so easy! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool idea! And that will make a great gift for someone....make them in bulk and hand them out during the holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great album! And you made it look so easy. Love that floral paper. Thanks for sharing.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful album, Brenda! I know whoever you decide to give it to will cherish it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job. Thanks for sharing. Your binding is one of my favorite type to make - it allows for almost any number of pages!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made one of these at my SU class but it didn't look this beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty!! I'd love you to show it again when you embellish it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm inspired to make an accordian album now! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for showing how you created your gorgeous album, definitely on my to do list now.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally love the creative variety going here! I'm signing as a follower ... can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say