Followers

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Creative Paperclay embellishments

Good Day all crafties,


Today is my day over at Creative Paperclay.  I so love this product, because for me the possibilities are endless for my scrapbooking.  I can make my own embellishments...yeah!!!


As most of you know I am also in the PaperSecrets Layout challenge and still going strong.  Each week we are given an assignment for a layout. I really don't care if I win the contest, it's just helping me to do more layouts that I should have done a long time ago (or some new ones in this case). If you participate and follow the guidelines you advance to the next week. We started with 27 and 14 moved onto this week. I will keep updating you as I go along. Who knows, I might not be able to participate one week and then I am out, but until then, I am scrapping my butt off, (they used a different word, but my blog is family friendly...hehehe


Here is the sketch:


This is what I made for my Papersecrets Layout.
I didn't have any 4th of July embellishments, but I knew I could make some with my paper clay.  I used my cookie cutters to cut out the stars,
the 4th and a larger star. 
Then I used the stars to make my embellishments for the paperclips.  The stars were a bit small for my paperclips, 
 so I squashed them a bit
 put the paperclip between them and smoothed out the edges.


Then I made my own fireworks...this was a challenge.  First I rolled out some clay pretty thin and cut strips
 then I twisted the strips
and layered them to create a firework 
Pretty neat, huh?
Here are the pictures when everything was painted
I added some glitter to the fireworks and a star bling to the center...looked better this way.

 I faux stitched around the number and letters and added another paperclay star to each.
 Here is the closeup shot of one of the paperclips.  Not too bad...
 I stamped the word July onto a paperclay star after I painted it white and faux stitched around it also.
So I hope you like my paperclay project this time around.  I know I had a blast making the embellishments and what a money savor it can be.  Next time you need that certain special embellishment, go buy some Creative Paperclay and make your own.  I hope I've inspired you to create your own pendant using some Creative Paperclay.  You can purchase Creative Paperclay here or you can even get it at Hobby Lobby or Michaels.

5 comments:

  1. Paper clay? Really? Oh my word! I love this idea! This opens up a whole new world of possibilities! Thank you for sharing where to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fireworks. Love how they turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda lovely work using clay!
    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout turned out beautifully. Love the paperclay accents you created, especially the fireworks.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen this idea before! I love playdough (I'm a kindergarten teacher) so I'm sure I would love using the paper clay. Thanks for the awesome tutorial! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice comments. I'm your newest follower.
    Hugs, Jenni
    http://mylollpopgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say