Followers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Lasting Memories #48 "It's all about the TITLE"

Good morning,

today is another beautiful Sunday with Lasting Memories.  Karen really is making me explore so many different venues.  It's weird how you forget about certain things, or simply stay in a rut doing the same thing over and over.  I know for a while it seemed like all my pages were the same.  Since I've been designing over at Lasting Memories, my pages "pop".  So a big shout out to Karen for not only having the confidence in me to let me join her awesome team, but also for giving me the encouragement to make so many different layouts.  THANK YOU, KAREN!!!

So here goes my TITLE:

I used my E-Craft to cut the title.  The paper has some tiny fibers in it and it's really flimsy.  I wasn't sure if it would cut, but check out the details on the A and the N.  My cricut would have NEVER been able to cut these letters.  Believe me, I tried...


I also cut and printed around the edges of my journal block with the E-craft.  This was so cool.  It's all done with one motion.  The drawback is that the pens only come in black...I then also inked around the edges a bit to give it some pop.  
Sorry about the blurry journaling block. It reads:
August 4, 2007
I have an obsession with elephants and they have
also intrigued Austyn.  This was at the Omaha, NE
zoo.  These are such beautiful animals in my opinion!
I added some bling to my title and some ribbon under the journal block and added a bow.  I love this page.  Oh yeah, and I used pattern paper again.  Boy I am getting good at combining pattern paper finally.  Practice makes perfect, well, pretty good anyway.
I also used my Getting Cricky Positive Thought stamp set for "Life is grand" and "Smile" and the Splashtastic Summer set for "Have a ball"  I love how I can use them in layouts also and not just for cards.

So I hope that I've inspired you to use something cool with your title on your layouts and try something new.  So, go and boldly title your layout and join us over at Lasting Memories...who knows, you might become Top 3.

7 comments:

  1. Great layout, Brenda! I love how you've used the sentiment stamps to highlight the photos. And the patterned paper looks great.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your title, and the color that compliments your pictures perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous page Brenda. The eCraft really cuts nicely. Was the title cut from mulberry paper? I don't even want to think that I NEED another tool. I love how everything is all coordinated on your page. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout, I love it. I really need to get back to scrapbooking soon.
    Hugs,
    Kathy - GCDTM Sister

    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your title really reaches out and snatches you! Wondermous pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout! Great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FAB Layout, the photos are great!!

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say