Followers

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Rocket Tea Light

Good Morning

well, it's almost the 4th of July and you know how much I love the RED, WHITE and BLUE so of course I had to make some type of decoration(s).  This is the simplest thing I have ever made...

The rocket is a toilet paper roll covered with scrap paper and the cone on top came from a file from Scrapping Table in the American Pride Theme set.  Have a told you lately how much I love all her files?  I also covered a cd with the same paper.  The Star is cut out of plastic and spray painted red and added a rosette to the front of the star also from the American Pride set. Then I covered the silver on a tea light with red metallic paper, glued the star to it and hot glued everything down.  Simple and quick.




Here is a rocket mobile sorta.  I used the same concept as the rocket for the tealight, but I added the "sparkler sticks" also from Scrapping Table's American Pride Theme and hot glued that to the inside of the toilet paper roll.  Ran a piece of strings through it all and added a bell to the inside of each "rocket" and now it jingles.  This was also so fast and easy peasy.


I hope you like what I've done and don't forget to come back tomorrow for Simply Sundays at Getting Cricky for some Summer Fun.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous projects, Brenda! I love the rocket tea light idea. Very clever. I should really start saving my toilet paper rolls, huh? Happy 4th of July!

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Brenda. Very creative. And it does sound like it was easy. Great job. Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say