Followers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fishing You Were Here (Shaker)

Good morning ... are you ready to shake?

My second post for the day...wow!

Today I am showing you a card I made with the inspiration from Erika (a Getting Cricky DT-Sister) over at Crafty Sprouts.  Erika has the best videos and tutorials on how to make cards recently and so super easy too.  She is also hosting a challenge every two weeks, so hop on over there and see what you should enter to win.  This time around she is all about shaker cards and I am entering this card over there.  I've done one in years past and completely forgot about them until Erika refreshed my memory and this is what I came up with.  Thanks Erika!!!



 and the best part...I also turned it into an action wobble.  I wish I had time to do a video, but maybe when I come back from vacation I might.


Of course I used the Getting Cricky Summer Splashtasic stamp sets.  Also, remember, for every stamp set you purchase, Kristal donates $1 to a charity and this set benefits the Autism Research Institute.  That's another thing I love about these stamps.  I know my money is going to a worthy cause...

The SVG file is from Adams Acres as I am a designer over there also and you can get the file here.  This is her fishy file and I just made it into a shaker card.  Pretty cool, huh?  I added some green sequins to the shaker and a google eye to the fish.  I also added some white sequins and clear beads to the center for bubbles.  I distressed the edges with ink, added a ribbon out of my stash and there it is.  I hope you enjoy and head on over to Crafty Sprouts and enter her Shaker challenge.


10 comments:

  1. This sooo cute!! I love how you added the sequins great idea!! I love seeing all the different things you can put in the shaker cards!! I love how you made the fish so creative!! Thanks for linking up!!

    Lots of Love,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so cute. I am working on my shaker card today.

    Precious Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Very Cute. How do you come up with all these cute idea's??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute! Did you use 1 or 2 layers of foam tape?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda, this shaker card is just too cute!!!

    P.S. Don't think for one minute I've forgotten your "Pay It Forward" gift -- I haven't!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute card, I love the fish! Fabulous! Thank-you for sharing :-)
    Scrappingmamma

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card! love the way you created the fish. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is to cute! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is "Fin"tastic. Very creative.

    Dee B

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say