Followers

Friday, July 29, 2011

Paper Secrets 11

Good morning,


here's my layout I did for the challenge over at PaperSecrets.  Each week we are given an assignment for a layout. I really don't care if I win the contest, it's just helping me to do more layouts that I should have done a long time ago (or some new ones in this case). If you participate and follow the guidelines you advance to the next week. We started with 27 and 11 moved onto this week.  I will keep updating you as I go along. Who knows, I might not be able to participate one week and then I am out, but until then, I am scrapping my butt off, (they used a different word, but my blog is family friendly...hehehe
Here is the sketch:
Here is what I did:
This is what I needed to use for the challenge and 
what is in red is is what I used.
hand or machine stitiching
mist Flower
flowers/leaves
bling Flower center
fabric/felt
border punch
journaling embellishment
altered or raw chipboard
stamped image(s) tree
ribbon/lace
I also used up some pictures that didn't turn out to cut out the "The House" with my E-craft and it cut like butter.  Another super simple layout, but I love it.


I also wanted to remind you that Lisa over at A Mermaid's Crafts is giving away this:
for her 500 follower giveaway.  She will leave this open until August 6th and choose a winner August 7th...so hurry on over there and check out her awesome creations.  She is one creative lady.

This coming week I will be on vacation in Northern Minnesota on our family canoeing trip so I have preposted most of my stuff.  Keep your fingers crossed that they all go up without a hitch.  I will not be able to moderate comments as of Sunday evening as I will have no internet access, but look forward to reading what you all think of my projects when I get back.  My email will probably be locked out too...hehehehe.  Thanks so much for supporting my blog...see you in 10 days.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, Brenda! Great idea using scrap photos to cut out your title.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout Brenda. Have fun on your vacation and get lots of R&R.

    Precious Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome Brenda. Hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation...stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ENJOY your trip, Brenda! It sounds so awesome and I hope you take lots of pictures! You did such a fabulous job with the sketch challenge! I love your layout! Thank you so much for posting my giveaway! And when you get back, stop by my blog, I have some awards for you :D

    Have a safe, relaxing, fun trip :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Brenda,
    Great Layout! I came from Lisa's blog (A Mermaid's Crafts) She is amazing, ha? I am so glad I met you through her...I really like your blog and all your projects. I am not a new follower as well:) Congrats on your sweet awards from Lisa. I am happy to be following you and excited to see more from you:)
    Have fun on your Northern Mn trip. You are in my neck of the woods. I live by Lake Superior...it is beautiful this time of yr! Have a great trip!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say