Good MorningI was so honored to be included in this birthday hop, as I love birthdays, especially other people's. hahaha. Seriously, I love to make fun or practical gifts. I like to add a special touch to the gift wrapping and decorate it up. For today I wanted to share a super quick and easy, easy gift giving idea.
Welcome to Susan's Anything goes Festive Birthday Bash Blog Hop to celebrate Susan E. Bermudez's birthday with anything goes to celebrate her birthday whether it be a card, favor, banner, or that something special. Hope you enjoy our hop while you check the following blogs as we celebrate Susan's birthday with our usual creativity and craftiness!!! So, please stop by and make sure to wish Susan a very Happy Birthday along with some bloggy love!!
Grand Prizes with Sponsors:
1. Karber Digital Images (http://www.karberdigital.com/) will offer blog candy to a random commenter of the blog hop :)
2. Jen's Digi Designs - $15 gift card for liking her Face Book page and commenting on Susan's page with a winner being chosen randomly :)
Also, please, be sure to stop by Staci McD's site (http://preciousmem.blogspot.com) as there will be a $20 gift card to Designs on Cloud 9 to one commenter on her blog.
Some of the blogs may be offering candy so be sure to leave your comments along the way and don't forget to give bloggy love!
To start I make up a batch of bath salts in a big container so I always have some on hand for a special gift or when a soothing bath is calling me. The mixture consists of epson salt, sea salt, powdered milk, oatmeal and baking soda. The mixture is very relaxing and leaves my skin baby soft. Now when I am ready to make up a bottle, I will add a fragrance depending on the person I am giving it to, this one has lavender in it. I measure out how much of the bath salt I need to fill a bottle and then add 3 - 6 drops of fragrance oils. If I want to "color" the bath salts, I will add a few drops of food coloring, not too much, to the bath salts in a baggie and smoosh it in. Make sure you let the mixture completely dry before pouring into your bottle or else you will get clumps and it's not pretty. Don't ask how I know this...
Now remember I used to work in a casino and we gave wine to our patrons in these cute little wine bottles. The size of the bottle is approximately 1 glass full. I collected a bunch and I mean a bunch of these bottles and could open my own glass bottle store with them (can we say hoarder?)...but they are very handy for this type of gift and recycling is always a good thing. So anyway first wash your bottle thoroughly and make sure the bottle is COMPLETELY dry before adding your bathsalts. Then decorate your bottle as you wish...I used a cute pink, purple and various other colored paper from my stash and therefore I do not know where it came from. It has a bit of glitz and glimmer to it because birthdays are sparkly.
I cut the butterfly using an SVG simple shape on my
E-craft. There are three layers of tulle that I hand-
cut and added beaded pins for the body. I added
a few rhinestones to glam it up.
I've recently learned how to make my own "nesties"
with my cuddle bug and chipboard and love this new technique.
If you would like to know how to make them,
leave me a comment and I might make a video tutorial.
I made a smaller butterfly just like the larger one and adhered it to
the tag and attached it with some ribbon.
I hope you've enjoyed my gift for Susan and celebrating her birthday with me. I am going to do a giveaway of a bottle of bath salts to one lucky winner. Tell me what your favorite color is and if you could have anything for your birthday, what that wish might be. I will be doing the drawing on Monday so you have all weekend to tell your friends to come and join me in celebrating Susan's birthday.
Here is the line up for day 1 of the celebration and remember tomorrow is another round of great blogs.
1. Lynne: http://slasewcraftiness.blogsp
2. Amber: http://pixiperfectcreations.bl
3. Angie: http://atuttletime.blogspot.co
4. Becky: http://squirlygirlcreations.bl
5. Berenice: http://karbersweetescape.blogs
6. Brenda: http://createbyburffrau.blogsp
7. Christel: http://onescrappinsista.blogsp
8. Cindy: http://www.cindys-greencricut.
9. Deborah: http://www.scrappingmamma.net/
10. Erin: http://comfyonmycloud.blogspot
11. Gina: http://californiascrappin-gcin
12. Kari: http://purplefuntastickcreatio
13. Staci: http://precioushmem.blogspot.c
We have divided this hop into two (2) days with different blogs for you to visit each day. Make sure to visit all!
this is tomorrow's lineup
1. Susan: http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/
4. Faith: http://faithfulecreations.com/
7. Janet: http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
8. Jearise: http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com/
11. Maria: http://justgetscraphappy.blogspot.com/
12. Nicole: http://crashingcreatively.blogspot.com/
13. Theresa: http://thescrapbookingqueen.com/