Followers

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Spiderweb Barrette

Good Morning and welcome to my first Creative Paperclay® submission for the new term.  I'm so excited that I was chosen again and want to show you a quick project you can adapt to any holiday.  Since we are so close to Halloween I thought I'd make a Spiderweb barrette.  Now you will need a mold and I made my own using the Amazing Mold Putty and some Creative Paperclay®.  I started with making my mold and if you have missed my previous posts on how to do that you can see it here.
Using an eraser as my object I made my mold
Then I added my clay to the mold and 
let it set up for a little while and ...
layed them out to dry.  I did pinch the sides 
a bit to really give the "webs" some definition.
I painted them with black acrylic paint and 
used my white gel pen to add in the webbing.
I used my E6000 and attached a
hairclip to the backside of the 
paperclay piece and also added
some silver embroidery floss to
the back of the barrette and the spider.
Now, you can attach it in your hair or...
hang it off of a tree branch.  LOL

Isn't this just cute?  I am going to wear my barrette to work on Halloween and see how many people comment on it.  You could even make this into a pin and wear it on your coat or sweater...totally up to you.  I hope you've enjoyed another idea for using the clay and molding material and I will see you back here again on Thursday for another "Halloween" idea using the Amazing Molding Putty...using...well, you will just have to wait until then cuz it's a total surprise.

4 comments:

  1. O this is so fun!! Great job and very creative!!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda!!! This is sooooo creepy cute!!! My neices would love this!!! Gotta make them a few of these quick and get them off to them in time for "trick or treat?" LOL!!! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming from Decorate to Celebrate. A creative idea to use erasers. You have me looking for some Pirate theme erasers to try this with.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say