Followers

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Halloween Hotglue embellishments using Amazing Molding Putty

Good morning crafters,


I am so excited to share another project using the Amazing Molding Putty.  If you missed my first tutorial using this stuff, click here.  I've been searching the house for all kinds of things to make molds out of and this time I think I came up with a fabulous idea for a friend, so here we go:
First this is what you need:
Here are my containers
I found these cutsie halloween erasers that I had from
last year yet.  This particular one is of a pumpkin
So I created my mold
here it is and it takes less than 5 minutes to set up
Then I added hot glue to the mold
and I used alcohol ink to color it
I attached some google eyes, mouth and nose
and some paper leaves with hot glue
I also used a glitter hot glue stick.  I small stick
2 perfect pumpkins
and again attached google eyes, nose, mouth
and some paper leaves
and made a gift baggie for a friend who uses 
ALOT of hot glue on her projects.  Now she just 
needs to pop off the eyes, noses, mouths and leaves 
and she can stick her pumpkins into her melting 
pot and she has hot glue again.  
So what do you think of my idea?  I hope you get a chance to head on over to the Amazing Molding Putty blog and check out all the fun creations over there.  

4 comments:

  1. LOVE...LOVE...LOVE your crafty greencraft project for your hot glue loving friend. Making something FUNctional and useable. BRAVO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love these ideas!!! HOw talented to think up using clear glue and then the alcohol inks to get that pumpkin???! and the GLITTER glues! I have lots of these things...just never thought of this! I love it! The putty costs $20 at my Hobby Lobby...so with 40% coupon, it would cost $12. It would be fun to play with!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love how you can RECYCLE that glue into a melting pot for a new project!! this is really clever!

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say