Followers

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Lasting Memories #61 "Bling It"

Good morning and welcome to another Lasting Memories layout challenge and this week it's all about BLING.  I created this layout for my challenge submission over at PaperSecrets again also.  As you know, each week we are given an assignment at PaperSecrets for a layout. I really don't care if I win the contest, it's just helping me to do more layouts that I should have done a long time ago. If you participate and follow the guidelines you advance to the next week. We started with 27 and somewhere along the way we lost another player so now 9 moved on.  I can't believe I am still in the running...again, it's not about winning, it's about scrapping and I am so proud of myself.  Although I was doing two separate layouts weekly, one for Lasting Memories and one for PaperSecrets, but since I started working I have limited time, but  I will keep updating you as I go along.  Who knows, I might not be able to participate one week and then I am out, but until then, I am scrapping my butt off, (they used a different word, but my blog is family friendly...hehehe. 
Here is the sketch I had to follow from Papersecrets:

and here is the layout.  
I added LOTS of Bling for this week at Lasting Memories to the sketch.  I LOVE bling and would use it on every single layout if I could.  I think it dresses the page up very nicely and I added it around the two photos as an additional border.  I really like the way this turned out.
and I added it to the champagne glasses trying to resemble bubbles.
  
Now add some bling to your layout and enter it over at Lasting Memories.  Who knows you could become a featured designer or even make it to the top 3.  It's just fun to create and remember those special moments in a layout.

This is what I needed to use over at PaperSecrets and what's in red is what I did use:
stamped image
border punch around photo
flower from wedding
bling LOTS of it

fabric/felt
rubons
chipboard
3+ brads/eyelets to attach the napkin to the layout
transparency
ribbon/lace also from the wedding flowers

9 comments:

  1. So pretty. I love your champagne glasses. Great job Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GORGEOUS layout, Brenda! You did an amazing job with the sketch!! Your embellishments are so fabulous!! Love this my friend :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Brenda this is absolutely gorgeous!! I LOVE all the beautiful details. The flowers, bling and the napkin are perfect on this layout! Your design is .....wow....BEAUTIFUL!! Awesome job!
    Sherrie K
    http:/sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! You have the napkin!! How great is that?! And I love the 'bubbles' in the glasses!!
    xoxo Charity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout. I love the napkin and the circle picture. Great job with the bling.

    Vicki
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors of your elegant layout and the textured paper. Great idea to add the napkin and the little frame. My favorite part is the bling bubbles. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a FUN layout Brenda!! I love that you have that napkin!! I'm loving these colors!! Looks like my Living Room. :-) And KUDOS to you for getting all that scrapping done. It feels good huh??!! Good luck with the Paper Secrets thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ILOVE the champagne glasses! So pretty! Love that you added personal items to the page. That's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say