Followers

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Lasting Memories #60 "Dimension" and winner announced

Good morning and welcome to another Lasting Memories layout challenge.  I created this layout for my challenge submission over at PaperSecrets, but it also fit perfectly for this week's "dimension" challenge.  I am not a "flat" scrapbooker, as I always have something sticking up or popped up.  I LOVE dimension and I am learning how to add it to digital, but this week I went traditional.  As you know, each week we are given an assignment at PaperSecrets for a layout. I really don't care if I win the contest, it's just helping me to do more layouts that I should have done a long time ago. If you participate and follow the guidelines you advance to the next week. We started with 27 and 10 moved on again last week, these ladies are serious about their scrapping.  I can't believe I am still in the running...again, it's not about winning, it's about scrapping and I am so proud of myself.  I will keep updating you as I go along.  I almost didn't make it this week with getting ready for my new job and I also started the week off not feeling well.  Who knows, I might not be able to participate one week and then I am out, but until then, I am scrapping my butt off, (they used a different word, but my blog is family friendly...hehehe. 
Here is the sketch I had to follow from Papersecrets:
and here is my layout:
Now again, I need dimension in all my layouts:
and my favorite dimension is embossing.
I think embossing on paper is one of the
best techniques there are.  It adds so very
much to a simple piece of paper as you
can see here for the background of the photo.
Since my mom made all the flowers for the
wedding I had a few leftover and used them
on the layout by popping them up off the page.
and the sheer ribbon I added but did not adhere it 
completely flat.  I gave it a bit of a ruffle.
Now this is what we needed to use for the challenge and what's in red is what I used:
stamped image
embossing folder (background of the photo)
flowers/leaves ( flowers and leaves from the wedding)
bling (rhinestones and pearls)
fabric/felt
rubons
chipboard
hand or machine stitching
transparency (LOVE from my stash)
ribbon/lace (borders)

I am very pleased with this layout and hope I've given you some ideas to use for dimension.  So head on over to Lasting Memories and create a layout using as much or as little dimension to create a beautiful layout.

Now last week I had another MyMemories contest going and the winner of the digital scrapbook software is:
Wendy Crowe said...

Oh Brenda those pictures are just too adorable! I love those curls! I'm really liking the digital stuff. One day I really will try it out...lol

Now remember, if you didn't win you can still use this code: STMMMS28873 and you can go here and use it to get $10 off and $10 worth of downloads.  

13 comments:

  1. Brenda, fantastic layout, and what an adorable picture!!!

    I hope you'll get to feeling better soon, and not have to miss out on too much of all you've got going on!!!

    Congrats to Wendy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, what a beautiful layout. I would say it has wonderful dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty...love your take on the sketch. Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Thank you so much Brenda!
    I LOVE all the dimension on your layout! I love that used the flowers from the wedding. Those little personal touches are so important. And your picture is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet photo, and a very special, beautiful layout. I love the flower and the heart. Wonderful job and congratulations for keeping up with your weekly challenge at Paper Secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brenda, your layout is fantastic. Love all that embossing and great choice on the flourishes!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME LAYOUT, Brenda! Have a GREAT Day,
    Me-Ma Kim
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the embossing accent! It really gives another dimension to your layout. Caryn LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning layout. I love the colors, the flowers, and you are so right about the embossing. It looks so nice. I'll have to try that for sure. Hope you are feeling better.

    Vicki
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brenda... this is beautiful!! I have to agree. Embossing adds so much to a layout. Wonderful work!! And CUTE photo da boot!
    Michele
    LM DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet picture and a beautiful layout. Love the blue as it is my favorite color. You have so many wonderful textures and I do love embossing for dimension. So great to use flowers from the wedding. Makes it even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Brenda, this layout is so gorgeous!! The picture is so beautiful and you did a fabulous job of showcasing it!! I love everything about this!!

    I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately...I can't seem to get caught up after being gone. I have posted like one project in a week! I hope to get to the point where I can visit regularly again soon. I hope your job is going great my sweet friend!!

    Hugs, Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Brenda!! I love your colors and all that dimension. Awesome!

    Congrats Wendy! You will LOVE this software!

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say