Followers

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Guest Design at Susan's with TP pumpkins

Good morning,

I am so excited about today's post.  I am a guest designer over at Susan's and just love that she wanted me to post for you today.  I wanted to show you an oldie but goodie.  I saw these last year after the Fall season was nearly over and wanted to remind myself to make them...well, if you are anything like me, you forget about it.  At least I did until I was reminded by Ruthie over at September Ninth.  She has the best tutorial and video for you also, so please go check it out after you've seen what I made.  This entire project took less than 20 minutes to complete, easy peasy.
For this project you will need:  roll of toilet paper, batting (I didn't have any, so I just used an old tshirt that I cut up), orange colored fabric, raffia, scraps of cardstock, leaves, and a hot glue gun
I picked this fabric (2 yards of it) up at a thrift store for pennies.
There was enough fabric to make 8 of these.
Dollar Store for the toilet paper.
I had the leaves and raffia on hand.
I wrapped the toilet paper roll with my discarded tshirt (good way to recycle) 
cut at 14 x 14 inches and stuffed it into the center of the tp roll hole. 
Then I wrapped that with the fabric, cut approx at 14 x 14 inches
and also stuffed that into the tp roll hole.
Then I wrapped a piece of rolled cardstock with some raffia,
 stuffed it into the center of the tp roll.
Hot glued a leaf to the stem and voila...a pumpkin
and this is how they turned out, isn't this a great grouping?
Now I wonder how long before the cat is gonna start playing with them?

Now if you need to know how to make these, head on over to September Ninth and check out here tutorial.  I know you are gonna love it.  Thank you also for stopping over for my guest design spot.  Thank you to Susan for having me also.

5 comments:

  1. Super cute ideaa! I seen this over at Ruthie's blog and really wanted to attempt these...their adorable Brenda! I love your great bargain find too...fabric looks great!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is super idea and they turned out so cute. tfs. might have to give it a try. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, I was looking for something like this to put near my door step. TFS Claire
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! what a neat ideal! These pumpkins are so cute. I love them! Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, these are ADORABLE!! What a neat idea -- I think I need some!! :)

    TFS,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say