Followers

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Filekutz Test Pansy

Good Morning Everyone! FileKutz is releasing a new file called "Flower Petal Blossoms".  LisaJane asked me to do a tutorial and this is one of the flowers I made for her.  Hope on over to the shop and purchase your file here and it's on $1.99
You will need a circle approximately 1 inch
3 large hearts cut at 1.2 x 1.27
2 small heart cut at 1.07 x 1.003
this totally depends on your finished flower
I inked all the edges and a bit in the
bottom center with blue
This just needs to be done to the front
as these will be glued to a card front
or a scrapbook  page and you 
will not see the backside
Then I inked the bottom center again with purple
I snipped just a tiny bit off of the bottom of
every petal (heart)
Using my zig glue pen I added a few "streakes"
to 2 of the petals
and added some glitter.  This totally depends
on how fancy you want to get. 
I manipulated ONLY the top of the petals
using my exacto knife rounded top
going in a circular motion
Then I shaped the petals in an outward motion
with my paper piercer
this is what the petals will look like.  The glittered petals
not do need to be manipulated as much.
Then I added a bit of score tape to the backside
of each petal towards the bottom.
This is what you will have
and started placing the glittered 
flowers first side by side
add your 2 smaller heart on each side of them
and then the last larger petal in the middle of them
I used my fine point black sharpie to add some
 lines inside the middle of each petal
and topped it off with a rhinestone
Here they are
really like the way these turned out
Now head on over to the Filekutz Designs blog and you can see more tutorials on how some of these flowers were made.  The ladies over there are wonderful and LisaJane really outdoes herself creating these wonderful files.

1 comment:

  1. you did a beautiful job on these they look like pansies tfs.

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say