Followers

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Creative Paperclay DT call

 Good morning crafters...wow can you believe it's October already?  I know I can't...but I can tell by looking out my window and watching the leaves turn right before my eyes.  I love fall with all the color changes and such, but I'm just not ready for that dreaded you know what...but here I am today showing you how to use your Creative Paperclay to make some snowflake ornaments...hehehe.  I've been on the Creative Paperclay DT for 6 months already and today I am reapplying for next term...so here goes: 

First I started out with my clay and again using a cookie cutter, I cut the Creative Paperclay out and embossed the snowflake using my cuddlebug folder and just lightly pressed in into the clay as to not distort the shape. 
Isn't the detail just wonderful?
I hot glued some beads around one of the snowflakes
after I used an ink pad direct to the snowflake
to give it a pretty purple hue
Then I used some Dimensional ModPodge and added
it to all three snowflakes
See how milky it is right now?
and see how beautiful it is after it dries 
While the dimensional Modpodge is still wet
I added some glitter right ontop of the dimensional
and this is the affect you get
Very sparkly
then I also added a few drops of Slade alcohol ink
right onto the dimenstional Modpodge and it
gave this snowflakes this crazy cool affect.
I love experimenting and this was another
one of my favorite projects.

Now remember last week I gave a tutorial on using Creative Paperclay and I also had a giveaway...Well the winner was:

Amanda said...




New follower 2 the Paper Clay blog via GFC! Thanx~prhmangel at gmail dot com

5 comments:

  1. brenda tfs this it is so pretty. great idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. great project with amazing directions. thank for your submission to the paperclay DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this lovely project. Would have never thought to put that in the cuttlebug...use number one million and one! Susan : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda, this is such a super clay project!!! And boy do I have a surprise for you for your birthday!!! LOL!!!

    P.S. That's all the info you're getting too, right now... lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done!
    I too am applying for the design team.
    Love your snow flakes.

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say