Followers

Friday, April 15, 2011

Paperclay DT Call

Hi all-

Today I am going to show you a few items I made using Paperclay.  I've worked with it years ago and really loved the idea of making my own embellishments.  Paperclay is so lightweight that it can be incoorporated into scrapbooking and cardmaking with ease.  You can paint it, color it with chalk, leave it plain the possibilities are endless.  You can even embedded objects into the paperclay and when it dries they are stuck in it.  I've sometimes even dug the "item" out and glued it in just to make sure it lasts.  I've even added glitter directly to the clay and smushed it together and hnven gotten a really cool effect.  I love stamping on it and I've recently discovered that I can even use some of my cuddlebug folders to impress/emboss it.  So, in my world, embossing folders aren't just for papers anymore.  LOL

Terri Sproul is the design team leader for Paperclay and she has sent out a Design Team call.  Just for giggles I am submitting some of my Paperclay projects.  I've seen so many talented people using Paperclay and thought maybe I could make a few things also...mine are strictly for use in my scrapbook pages and card making.  Enjoy:

Cuddlebug folder embossing
chalked

Bella's Handprint 4 x 4
to be used in a LO
Very lightweight
Bucket (freehand molded)
colored with markers
Cuddlebug folder embossed
colored with markers
spritzed with Glimmer mist
LO Title is Paperclay
and a few embellishments
around the pictures
Closeup of the title
Stamped into the clay with letters
Colored with markers

LO with Paperclay pieces
Paperclay bucket
free hand molded and
colored with markers
(made in 2004 and still looks good
hasn't crumbled or discolored)
Closeup of the LO tag,
star button imbedded and embossed,
rock imbedded into paperclay (glued after it was dry) and sprinkled with sand while still wet,
water embossed with Fiskars water template and highlighted with blue marker
made in 2004 and still as good as the day it was made

Another cuddlebug folder embossed
Highlighted with metallic rubons

 I hope you try Paperclay on some of your projects.  You can find it at Michaels, Hobby Lobby and also at Joanne's.  Again, it's very versatile and has endless possibilities.

As always, have a great day and god bless.


3 comments:

  1. Hi, Brenda! What fun this paperclay looks to be; and your projects are so cute.

    Wanted to drop in too to say "hi". Sorry I've been away for awhile but it's been unavoidable; however, I haven't forgotten any of my blogging family, you're in my thoughts!

    I'll be seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post and fun projects.
    smiles..

    ReplyDelete
  3. great projects.. I really want to try it now..love this idea. leaving love from the getting cricky blog love link up

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say