Followers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fishing You Were Here

Good morning fellow card makers and special friends

Wow, what a great day I had yesterday.  I got so many projects done and I am so excited to show this card off today.  I've had Amy Chomas' pen set for the cricut for awhile now, but haven't used it much...hmmm, asking myself why not, since there is so much you can do with them.  Well, today I want to show you a card I made using some pens, glitter, a Child's Year cut and of course, last, but not least...a Getting Cricky stamp set.  Really, honestly I do love these stamps Kristal came out with.  First, I love them most because they are USA made.  Second I love them because Kristal donates $1 per set to various charities and third I love them because they are so versatile.  All you have to do is let your imagination run a little bit and sometimes if you think outside the box you can for sure come up with a lot of different uses for them. I used the Splashtastic Summer set with the "Fishing You Were Here" sentiment.  LOVE THIS set!!!

This is what I created:

I used Amy Chomas' pens to do the highlighting of the fishes' fins, gills and outline.  I then put them on a stringer and attached them to the side of the card.
I inked the edges a bit with green to give it some dimension and tore the otherside of the paper a bit.  I normally do not like doing silhouette cards, but this cut was fabulous.  I used the Child's Year cart and cut the boy fishing in shadow and normal using 2 different black cardstocks from my stash.  Because I am not much of a silhouette person I also added blue glitter to the pond, green glitter to the grass, white glitter to the fishing line and gold glitter to the fishing pole.
I really love the way this turned out.  I hope you've been a bit inspired to create something using a silhouette cut.  If you have a recent project to share leave me a comment and I will come over and check it out.

5 comments:

  1. Brenda,
    this is absolutely precious--I love it-great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great! I love the sparkly water.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Brenda I love this. I love the color mixed with the silhouette! You have done a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda, this turned out GREAT!! I love that you added glitter to a 'masculine' card -- It looks FANTASTIC!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say