Followers

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dino and Getting Cricky Stamp Set

Good day all

***If you are looking for my Creative Paperclay post, please scroll down***

Today I wanted to show you a cute card I made using a cut file for another team I am designing for.  Charity over at Adams Acres put a design team call out a couple of weeks ago and I applied and got on.  I love using SCAL and she creates a lot of files for SCAL and also Make the Cut that are so darn cute.  She also is apart of  Die Cut Designers and I will be showing some of my creations off over there also.  The first set of files were dinosaurs and you can purchase them here.  I will be honest, I do not have any little boys around so dinosaurs were a bit of a challenge for me; BUT, I realized you don't have to be a boy to like dinos.  Hahaha.  I had gotten my Getting Cricky sample stamp sets last week and was looking at all the cute saying in the Fashionable Friends as a little light bulb went off and this is what I created:

So I decided that dinos don't have to have traditional colors.  I dressed "her" up in some polka dot paper from my stash and I "do" like her style.  The background paper was from my stash also so I have no idea where they came from.  I added a little bit of ribbon for the tag using the "I Like Your Style" sentiment from the Fabulous Friends set.  I bent the stamp a bit to make it more of an arc and stamped it without trying it first and it was perfect.  I love how versatile these stamps can be.  Now remember, when you purchase this stamp set, Kristal is donating $1 per set to Cancer Angels to help Stage 4 level Cancer patients. Cancer Angels gives at least 95% of all monies raised to the people in need.

 
I am so glad to be on both these teams and this just worked so well together.  I won't be doing this alot, it just happened this way at this time.  I also added a little smile to the dinosaurs mouth with pen and a googly eye.  I love googly eyes...hehehe...I just think they add something. 
 
So now I will be adding another Getting Cricky post the rest of this week and also another Adams Acres post on Thursday.  I do so hope you will come and join me these two days for sure.
 
Then don't forget there will be the U-Stream on Friday night and blog hop for Getting Cricky's launch of her Stamp line and Design Team and there just might be some blog candy too...
 

4 comments:

  1. How cute!!! For Bella I bet. The googly eye is perfect for this little dino. Great colors. Good job using some scraps. I love when I can do that. Congratulations for making the design team at Adams Acres. I look forward to seeing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very CUTE card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! love the purple dino~
    kacee
    mcvicwif@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute dinosaur! Love the polka dots. Thanks for sharing.

    Kelly
    http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say