Welcome to the "All About Fall" Blog Hop!!
We're so happy you could join us for this super-fun hop showcasing cards, layouts and projects that are All About Fall!! You'll find an array of ideas throughout the hop -- From decorations to gift ideas and more, we hope you'll enjoy each and every project along the way!! This is a TWO-DAY hop, so be sure to catch both days for maximum ideas (you'll find the entire line-up below my post)!!
Before the leaves change color and fall... let's get hopping!! If you've hopped over from Pam, then you are in the right place!! If you've just popped in to visit my blog or are reading this via email and you'd like to join our All-About-Fall FUN, then please CLICK HERE to start at the beginning with Lynda's blog because... Starting at the start is always SMART!! :) We have a WONDERFUL Grand Prize for one lucky hopper today -- A $25 Gift Certificate for Designs On Cloud 9!! To be eligible, please visit each "Blog Hop Stop" and leave a comment!! One random winner will be chosen on Wednesday, September 21st (giving you plenty of time to finish the hop)... For more details on what you could choose if YOU are the winner, please be sure to visit our sponsor:
For the hop today, I've created 2 projects. For the first one I started with this plain candle that I got at the Dollar Tree:
I wrapped the candle with some brown cardstock that I had inked, glimmer misted and crumpled to make it look like leather and wrapped a silver ribbon around it.
Then I created a rosette
I wanted to give the rosette a bit of glitter and found using the Alene's tacky glue worked great. I'm sure you can also use some plain white glue, but this is what I had on hand.
I just rolled the rosette in the glue ...
(Pictures are from a previous rosette I had made)
and then rolled it in some glitter.
Look at the sparkly tips. It's beautiful
Then I created a tag and for the life of me I could not find
my "give thanks" stamp, so I hand wrote the sentiment.
(not very happy with that, but I wanted to get the candle done)
I added a leaf button to the center of the rosette
and here is the finished candle.So now I loved making this rosette, so I decided to glam up a lovely home decor grouping that I have, but it was just so plain. It needed something.
These mirrors were purchased at a local thrift store and I painted them with some
gold paint and added the etching to read BE LIE VE.
My neighbor lady (who seems to give me a lot of stuff)
gave me this lovely ironwork thingy. I just love it, but it lacked
some umph and I needed a redo on it.
Then I created a bunch of these lovely rosettes
|Didn't they just turned out so nicely?||Now, I used my home made repositionable glue dots and attached them to the wood and the greenery. When I no longer want this grouping I can just take the rosettes off and reuse them on a layout or card and I can redo my greens also. I'm thinking maybe some glittery snowflakes for the Christmas Season...|
Now doesn't this just look so much nicer? I love how it turned out.
I am the last stop for the hop and I hope you've enjoyed my projects.
My blog candy? Well, I will make you one of these candles I made at the beginning of this post with a rosette. Just leave me a comment and tell me what your favorite season is...Please become a follower if you aren't already; like me on Facebook or follow me on twitter. Sign up to receive my emails on the right sidebar. Leave me a comment for each entry separately to gain more chances to win. I will draw a winner for ALL of my monthly drawings on October 3rd, so that gives you plenty of time to leave comments and send your friends over to take a peak.
Here's a list of the entire hop, in case you get lost along the way or want to revisit anyone -- I've included BOTH days of the hop so you'll be sure not to miss a THING!!
DAY ONE (September 15)
1. Lynda - http://memoriesintyme.blogspot.com/
2. Amy - http://www.lovetocrop.com
3. Dana - http://danascraftycorner.blogspot.com
4. Jen R - http://www.memorieswithjen.blogspot.com/
5. Anita -http://www.anitaandbugs.blogspot.com
6. Kari - http://purplefuntastickcreations.blogspot.com/
7. Lori - http://scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com
8. Barbara - http://barbaras-crafty-corner.blogspot.com
9. Indira - http://craftyhomemade.blogspot.com/
10. Kacee - http://youhadmeatscrap.blogspot.com
11. Bobbi Jo - http://sweetsassydiva.com
12. Rhonda - http://scraphappenswithrhonda.blogspot.com/
13. Susan - http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/
14. Lynne - http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
15. Rhonda - http://craftingwithblue.blogspot.com
16. Sandy - http://thecraftycreationspot.blogspot.com/
17. Lisa - http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com/
18. Deb - http://www.scrappingmamma.net/
19. Dawn - http://dawnsdesignsthatdelight.blogspot.com
20. Lisa - http://handmadewithlove-lisa.blogspot.com/
21. Suzanne - http://www.cricutcraftingrammy.blogspot.com
DAY TWO (September 16)
1. Lynda -- http://memoriesintyme.blogspot.com/
2. Sylvia - http://www.bellascrapbookdesigns.blogspot.com
3. Nancy - http://blog.fancywithnancy.com
4. Jen- http://www.jenscraftcorner.com
5. Dana-- http://danascraftycorner.blogspot.com
7. Vicki - http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com/
8. Kathy - http://the3esblog.blogspot.com/
9. Deborah - http://www.scrappingmamma.net/
10. Lisa - http://handmadewithlove-lisa.blogspot.com/
11. Mindy - http://cvceggen.blogspot.com/
12. Janet - http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
13. Carol - http://huffandpuffscrap.blogspot.com/
14. Pam - http://www.pammejo-scrapbookflair.com/
15. Brenda http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com