Followers

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fair with the grandkids

On Thursday night we went to the Turner County Fair.  County fairs are so much fun.  I love the simplicity of a small town fair much better than the hoopla of a big fair.  People seem more personal and stop to talk to you or just a "Hey, how's it going?".  We went and saw all the animals and the exhibits.  I love seeing the 4H crafts that these kids make.  The giant vegtables and the homebaked goodies are some of my favorites.  We love to play bingo, but it was so hot and we decided to skip it because we did have the babies with us.  We stopped to eat.  Austyn - soft shell taco, Draven - pizza, Bella - bottle and Steve and I - pork sandwiches with potato salad and fruit.  Hmmm, nummy.  Austyn and Draven also shared an elephant ear.  (Pastry with cinnamon and sugar coated).  We then went to the midway and let the kids go on a couple of rides.  Austyn went on his favorite rides the Tilt a Whirl and the Scrambler.  Austyn helped Draven on the Carousel, my favorite and then Draven went through the fun house, and on the Dragons. 
Hope you enjoyed a little more insight into our summer visit.  It's going to be hard to say goodbye to them again, but at least I got a week.  Who knows when I will get to see them again.

As always, have a great day and god bless.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl--you have been awfully quiet--what's up? I thought you would be paying me a visit today. I hope you are okay and not too sad with the grand-kids gone!
    Thinking of you

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say