Followers

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Candle and Room Sign

Today I was going to spend the entire day crafting.  First Sunday I had off in a long time from work.  I got up early and wanted to make something for my mom.  She had sent me a saying she had found and wanted me to put it on a ceramic tile with vinyl.  I had written the saying down and also entered it into my computer.  I know I had...but I couldn't find it anywhere.  I searched through all my quotes and sayings for over an hour.  I was getting pretty frustrated.  Meanwhile my friend Lisa called and said she was going to come over for a little while.  I told her I would be crafting most of the day.  Lisa is not into crafts the way I am, but she came anyway.  I continued to search my computer for this saying, but still no luck.  While I was searching, we were talking about life.  Lisa's mom has been kinda down and we wanted to make her something to pick her up.  As I was looking through all my quotes, Lisa came across this one: 

Where there is great Love, there are always Miracles.  by Willa Cather

So I made her a candle with vinyl lettering.  Added a few flowers, inked and glitzy.  Added a butterfly and made a matching card.  (I forgot to take a picture of the card).  I showed Lisa how my cricut works.  How the cuttlebug embosses and how my xyron machine makes stickers.  I think she kinda enjoyed watching while I was crafting.  I know I would have probably been bored watching myself.



Then I made a sign for her daughter's bedroom.  Thanks again to kandrew's tip for using foam core as the sign.  (Click on here and it will take you directly to her site making a foam core sign.)  I adhered paper to the foam core.  Used my SCAL to write out Megan's Room, and welded the background.  I was showing Lisa how you can do all these things and how to weld Megan's name and got in a hurry and forgot to weld the word room.  Lisa's remark to me was:  "Don't you have to weld those letters too?"  Really...I guess she was paying attention.  Megan loves ROXY brand, so in SCAL I cut a Roxy Logo also and adhered it to the sign.  Anyway, the sign turned out pretty cute.  She says Megan will love it. I hope so.  I probably could have glitzed it up a bit more, but seriously we were in my craft room for almost 7 hours, minus 1/2 hour to eat some frozen pizzas, yes, I did cook them first.  LOL.  Wow time flies when you are having fun.  Fun for me anyway...  Well here is the picture.




As always, have a great day and god bless.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the door hanger... Bet it is her fav color
    You are too talented. Dixie

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say