Followers

Friday, August 20, 2010

Grandkids visit

Good Morning all,

Today's post has nothing to do with crafting.  As most of you know, my grandkids are visiting for a week and boy have we been busy.  I drove 6 hours to get them on Tuesday from Rapid City, SD.  We met at Camp Friendship, where my daughter volunteers during the summer.  If you have never heard of it or are interested in learning more, please click the link above.  It's an amazing program.  Both my older children have volunteered their services at the camp for years.  I had never been there and was truley impressed with the program.  They had some posters from years past displayed and I saw my children assisting others.  I am such a proud mom right now.  Most evenings there is a program for the "buddies" at camp.  The night I stayed we had a theme dance.  The theme was "Under the Sea".  You should dress up for the event, but of course, not everyone does.  It's a lot of fun for the "buddies".  The last song of the night is always "Seasons" and they form a circle and dance.  So amazing. 

Dance


"Seasons" cirlce. 

Every day a different group gets to display the flag and every evening they take the flag down.  In the morning they say the "Pledge of Allegiance" and at night they sing "Taps".  It's so neat to see the pride they have doing this.  It absolutely gave me goosebumps.

We then went for breakfast at the lodge and got ready for our long trip back.

The kids did very well on the ride back to Sioux Falls.  Both of them slept most of the way, but we did make more stops coming home than we did going there.  I forgot what it's like traveling with babies.  LOL  I am for sure not complaining though.  We've done alot in the last 2 days and I will have more pictures soon.  We did go to the Turner County Fair last night and I will post about that soon.  I hope you enjoyed a little insight in my week visit with my grandbabies.  I know I loved sharing it with you.

As always, have a great day and god bless.

1 comment:

  1. Oh what fun you are going to have this week-enjoy it--cause you can never get it back! I'm soooo excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say