Followers

Monday, December 3, 2012

Gift within a card

Hi all

just wanted to share a quick card I made using some of my favorite things.  A while back I had won some papers from the Robin's Nest and fell in love with all the texture this glittery snowflake paper had.  I had used some of it when I created my Let It Snow house and I still had some left over.  I decided to make a card with the rest of the card stock and this is what I came up with:


I started with one of my Creative Paperclay ® snowflakes, painted white and added gold glitter glue. 
I added a pin back to it, but wanted to attach it to my card.  So... 
I took a piece of wire and formed a little loop 
and stuck it into the top of my card stock that I had put ribbon around and bent the prongs outward. 
See my loop? 
Then I attached the pin onto the loop.  I added some snowflakes
 that I punched out of gold vinyl onto the ribbon 
Cute 
I added a foam snowman after I painted his hat, added some gems for his buttons 
and a gold gem for his hat.  I also highlighted him with some gold glitter glue. 
After looking at the card a while I decided I didn't like the vinyl snowflakes, 
so I stamped the sentiment let it SNOW on some white card stock and 
trimmed with some decorative scissors and again used the 
same gold glitter glue to highlight the tag,
Again, looking at the card it still needed something.  I should have layered the snowflake paper onto maybe some black card stock to tie it all together, but it was too late for that since I had already "finished" the card. So instead I added some glue all the way around the edge and dipped it into some gold glitter.  Now it's all tied together.  LOVE IT.
Here is my finished card.  I plan on giving the card to my friend who will be leaving soon for the winter, snowbird...The pin will remind her of our WINTER here in good old South Dakota while she will be cozy warm in Texas.  (I sound a bit jealous, huh?)  
So the pin becomes a gift with a card attached!

As always, have a great day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorites have this to say