Followers

Friday, November 30, 2012

Baby Blocks

Good morning,

well it's been a long time since I've dusted off my cricut for a real paper craft.  I forgot how much I loved using it.  I've been so busy with other projects that I hardly ever use my cricut.  Today I did because my son't girlfriend does photography and she is doing a new baby shoot in a week and asked me to make her a baby prop.  She wanted those old time blocks with the babies name (Skyy, her mom's name is Starr) spelled out on one side and GIRL on the other side but all in pink, so this is what I came up with...
I cut the blocks (boxes) in various sizes from 1 inch to 2.5 inches using my TBBM cartridge in light pink
and inked all the edges with a darker pink.
I used various fonts from different cartridges to get a good mixture. 
Using a darker pink paper, I used my SCAL to cut the block thingies 
(not sure what they are called)
and cut them and the letters 3 times to give them a 3d affect.
I also used my New Arrival cart to cut all the side panel motifs.  Those I just cut once and I used my Xyron sticker maker to attach all of those to the blocks themselves.  
I just realized I have no pictures of the sides.  :(

She really loved how they turned out.  Hopefully I can show off some of the pictures she will take with these.

I hope you've enjoyed my project and as always, have a great day and God Bless.


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous baby blocks! Great dimension and awesome cut!
    Have a great wknd!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say