Followers

Friday, August 14, 2015

#cre8time - Faux Geli Plate Printing with Amazing Mold Rubber

Good day friends,

today I wanted to introduce you to my very first faux geli plate printing.  I've been watching one of my creative friends make some amazing backgrounds lately.  She is a wonderful card maker and such an inspiration.  You can find Annette on instagram  @paper_pajamas or at her blog paperpajama.blogspot.com.

So anyway, she has inspired me to try this geli printing thingy without her knowledge!  Teehee.  Well, I could not see myself spending money on a geli plate because who knows if I'd like it all that much.  Believe me, I have enough crafty things to keep my busy.  However, as you also know, I belong to the Amazing Casting Products design team and our fearless leader had posted making  non geli plate a while back so I thought I'd give it a try.


Frisbee



Here is my faux geli plate using my Amazing Mold Rubber.  I just used a regular Frisbee I had in my stash as my "mold" and poured my mold rubber mixture directly into it after mixing it up (you can see a video tutorial HERE) and let it set for about 2 1/2 hours.

I really had no idea where I was going with this, but oh my, I've had a grand old time.  I just used scraps of paper from my stash and started to play.

I used texture plate, cut outs, rubber stamps and even a fork.  LOVED playing today.
Here are some examples of some of the papers I made:


my texture plates




I forget that if you use a rubber stamp it will be backwards, so I used the paint from the rubber stamp and stamped that on some paper and viola, another awesome image!


I love the texture that this piece gave!


This was some paper I had run through my cuddlebug and is textured.  Really love how this came out.
I just with the picture were better!  You can really see some awesome detail in there!

 

See the Pink ribbon in the above photo?  

Here is the result:


Love how these came out!


Here I started with the pink and blue paint again 
and dipped a styrofoam ball into some black paint and rolled it around
in the pink and blue paint.
I got messy, but wait till you see the outcome!




LOVE,LOVE,LOVE these papers!

Now I can't wait to sit down and make some cards with all my lovelies!

I hope you've enjoyed reading my post today and would love for you to leave me a comment!

As always, have a great day and God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorites have this to say