Followers

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Frame it - Scribbles Design Challenge

Good evening,

can you believe I am here again?  I have been so out of touch with all the blogs that I used to follow faithfully and decided to look to see what everyone is up to.  WOW!!!  So much has happened in the blog world.  I am loving all the "new" things I've found.  All the new "stamp" sets that are out there with according "dies".  How cool is that?  I know you are probably thinking "she is really is out of the loop, those have been out forever!"  The new Cricut Explore machine?  Wow, I've watched a couple of videos and it looks to intriguing.  Too bad I am not in the market for a new machine, I am happy with my Cricut Expression.   Seriously though, I haven't paid much attention to anything for about 6 months.  This week is the first time I've even pulled out my ATG and some paper in about that long and my Cricut has gotten a workout also.  I have to tell you, I really did miss making cards.

I have been searching "challenge" blogs in hopes to get my creative juices going again and have found a couple that I might start participating in.  It's not that I "need" help, but a little guidance is not a bad thing, right?  The reason I like challenges is that it makes me either 1. use things I haven't, 2. give me new ideas, 3. oh you know what I mean.  So, with that said I found this cute "digi stamp" site over at Scribbles Designs Challenge.  Now I have NEVER used digi stamps, but you aren't required to use them.  I don't even know how to use them.  The reason it struck me was the first card I saw by Cely.  The challenge this week is "Frame It" and it just caught my eye.  So here is what I came up with:


Now of course, I had to use one of my frames I made with my Amazing Crafting Products.  Yes, I am addicted to that stuff.  I make a lot of molds and then of course a lot of embellishments.  In fact, I have an entire shoe box of unfinished embellishments that just need some paint and can be used for a card, scrapbook page or anything your heart desires.  This frame was made from an actual tiny picture frame and painted with Terri Sproul Mixers.  The great thing about these embellishments is that 1. they are light weight, 2. you can paint them to match whatever it is you are making 3. oh, you get the picture.  I also added a tiny butterfly brad and a silver brad to the frame.  Cute, huh?

The baby stamp is a generic wood block stamp and the 
Congratulations is a wood block stamp from Stampablities.  
I have so many stamps and hardly ever use them. 

The paper is from The Paper Studio - Pink Armadillo with Glitter.

I really like the way this card came together and I hope you have enjoyed it also.  I don't expect to ever win any of the challenges because some of the ladies that compete in these challenges are OVER THE TOP, but it's still fun to participate.  For me it's just about challenging myself!

DO you participate in challenge blogs?  If you do, which ones do you like the best and why?

As always, have a great day and God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda! Well, I'm thrilled that you decided to boost your creative juices and joining us in our challenge at Scribbles.... And I'm glad that you made a card without a digi image! Fabulous! And you never know - you might win one of those challenges!

    Thank you for joining us at Scribbles Designs...
    Sandy S
    (Owner/Designer Scribbles Designs)

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say