Followers

Sunday, March 9, 2014

CFS 129 Grey


Happy Sunday all,

I am back with another challenge that I am entering over at Cas-ual Fridays.  I accidentally came upon this challenge by going through my Google Feed.  I wanted to create something for the gals that I throw darts with as an end of year "thank you".  I try to give them all something handmade each year and since next Thursday will be our last night of league until the fall this seemed to be the perfect gift.

I created four Monogram cards for each of them with a card holder and then I had a little bit of paper left over and made one smaller version.  I hate leftovers (and I am really trying to declutter my stash) and there was just enough paper to create that tiny notecard.  I used a total of 8 sheets of paper for all of this.  


The challenge is using at least two shades of gray.  I found this paper among my massive paper pile and it seemed to be just perfect.  I embossed each sheet with the Floral Fantasy embossing folder.  This paper isn't very good and it cracks when you emboss it which actually gave it that two tone I was looking for.  Adding the black and white ribbon to the center gave it enough "color" variation.  I cut all the monogram tags with my cricut, sprayed some silver smooch, inked the edges and stamped their letter with the Filigree PaperStudios Alphabets in black.  I love this stamp set!  I also added some rhinestones to the cards to give it just enough "bling".  I gotta have bling.  On the smaller notecard I added some silver/black Studio G glitter glue to give that a little bit of bling also.

The notecard holder was also cut with my cricut and a simple black ribbon attached is a perfect way to keep those notecards together.

I hope you've enjoyed my two shades of gray project and I will see you all again soon.

As always, have a great day and God Bless.



2 comments:

  1. Lovely embossing.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super pretty and elegant!
    thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say