Followers

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Fit for a Princess ABAC challenge #34 "5"

Good morning crafters,

I'm so excited to share today because I am the newest member over at Anything But a Card.  I applied to participate in this challenge blog because my main goal is to start scrapbooking more.  I'm SOOOO far behind as baby Steven is almost 8 months old and I don't have a single page for him and Alexis just turned 2 and I hardly have her album started.  I'm such a bad Oma!

With that said, I did NOT create a page for my first challenge post...still such a bad Oma!  This week's challenge is "5".  You could use the number 5, 5 things, 5 colors, whatever 5 represented your idea.  Sadly there just wasn't anything I could do for that challenge that pertained to either of them for a layout, instead it did pertain to my other granddaughter, Miss Bella.  Bella will be 5 years old this year and will have started kindergarden.  I'm assuming that she will probably have made a few friends and will probably want to invite a few to her birthday party.  Now her birthday isn't until December, but I say it's never too early to start planning.  Especially if I am going to be making her party decorations and such as I always do!  So with that said, let's get started...

I had a crown svg pattern in my overloaded SCUT file that I really need to organize.  I have no idea where this file came from, so if it's yours, please let me know and I will give you kudos.  This is why I also need to organize them.

I opened the file in SCAL and manipulated it bit.  I created two crowns and cut the first one at 5 by 2 in pink and the second one at shadow blackout round in purple paper.  The crown even has 5 points to it :)
although the crown was fine it lacked a little personality.  

Then I hot glued a bamboo skewer to the larger crown 
Because the skewer will be laid between the two layers I pop dotted it and layered the pink crown on top 
I also cut out the number 5 for her age and pop dotted it also 
and added some glitter glue for sparkle!  
Miss Bella loves glitter as much as I do.
Of course, no crown would be complete without some bling and
 that was accomplished by gluing on some flat backed rhinestones.  
Miss Bella loves coming and playing in my craft room because I have sparklies as she calls my bling!
Now sometimes there is a mistake and you cannot fix it.  
Can you see my mistake?  
When I layered the pink crown on top of the purple one, my skewer 
showed through the pink triangle hole.  Ugh...trial and error!  
So I cut out two triangles using my cricut 
(I do keep all my cut files named with the project that I created them for, 
that's about as organized as I get for my cut files) 
a bit larger than the holes and glued them on and added a bit of bling. 
 I also wrapped the bamboo skewer with some pinkish ribbon and 
hot glued it to the top and tied another piece onto it.  
Now she will have a beautiful hand held crown for her party.  My plan is to cut more of these (depending on how many little girls will be at the party) 
and let them decorate them with glitter and stickers before adding the skewer. 
 I think these will make a great party favor and something
 they can take home to remember Bella's birthday party.

I hope I've inspired you to create something and join us over at Anything But a Card for the challenge "5". Remember, it can be Anything But a Card!

As always, have a great day and God Bless!


3 comments:

  1. So pretty and such a clever idea. Love all the sparkle, especially those super sized diamonds. Welcome to the DT and hope you have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda. I'm sure Bella will love this, as will her guests. Such a pretty idea for a birthday. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaw, so cute! I love all the sparkle:) Super fun idea!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say