Followers

Friday, May 13, 2011

Festive Friday 5-13

Hello All –


WELL - blogger sure was a bugger for the last couple of days, huh?  I am so sorry that you couldn't view my Festive Friday card this morning, but there were alot of us in the same boat, nevertheless, thank you for being patient and coming to view it now.

Welcome to another edition of Festive Fridays. If you are new to us, sit back, grab a cup of coffee, relax and enjoy some wonderful Christmas Cards. Yes, I did say Christmas...Festive Fridays will be every other Friday with samples of Christmas cards. This way, you can be making your cards all year long and you will avoid the mad rush when you could be enjoying the Christmas Season. You should have just come from Debbie. If you stumbled upon this post you can go back to Terri and start at the beginning. There is also a complete list of the Festive Friday hop on the left sidebar under the Festive Fridays blinkie in case you get lost along the way.

Today's card is something a bit different.  I have been making a few of these stair step cards and love them.  This one is a different version of the first one I made.  I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I did making it.  I am also including a template of how I created the card base:
The base is 10 x 5

The tree was cut at 5 inches and adorned with rhinestones and a clear star that I colored yellow with my Bic markers.  The packages were cut from Christmas scrapbook paper and I glued ribbons on them.
The sleigh was cut at 3 inches from the Winterwoodland Cart.  This was one of my first Christmassy carts and I absolutely love it.  All the different cuts are wonderful and very easy to assemble.  I faux stitched around the sleigh for some dimension.  I also added some more presents to the top of the sleigh also cut from Christmas scrapbook paper.

The little boy was cut at 3 inches from the Paperdoll Cartridge.  I really am enjoying making these paperdolls and using my Peachy Keen face stamps.  I think he is so cute and adding little touches like the stocking cap with a little bit of cottonball  and his striped pajamas just makes him so much cuter.  The stocking was cut using my SCAL program and I also faux stitched around it.  I also cut the little teadybear from the Child's Year Cartridge. 
I stamped Merry Christmas to the front of the first panel and there you have it.  I'm not sure who I am going to give this card to yet, but it will definately be for someone very special.

Here are some side views:
















Remember, I love comments and also hope you come back in two weeks for some more ideas, but until then go check out Angela's blog. I know she made quite a few and they are gorgeous.


11 comments:

  1. Brenda, I love this card. It's such a great idea to be creating Christmas cards every two weeks throughout the year. I may have to do that. I think I am going to try to scraplift this one. Which Peachy Keen set did you get? I have both paperdoll carts and I've never done the plain face because the stamps intimidate me. Great job on the card and the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the Side-step card! I've been looking at that design for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card!! I love the stairstep card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda, this is so darn cute. I have never made one of these. Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute... might need to try this one

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this side step card. What a wonderful idea do to something different

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the side step card great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed the many pictures you had on this blog to show creation of the card...you have a great site here!
    Lee in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Brenda Lee~ you really hit it out of the park with this card! Super super use of the stair-step with all your adorable elments! And all the details, CUTE! I'd say make this one all year :-) Love it!

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say