Followers

Monday, September 8, 2014

Golf Pin to Golf Tie Tack

Good morning crafters,

It's going to be a busy day for me today.  I've got payroll to do, then off to replenish my Hallmark stores and then off to our Golf Pot Luck this evening.  I'm pretty excited to be showing off hubby's new tie tack I made, but I kinda doubt he's going to wear a tie tonight, he'll probably wear it to the Golf Banquet though.

So let me show you what I made:

Susan, my friend and the design team leader from Amazing Crafting Products sent me a few things a while back she thought I might like.  In this fabulous box of goodies there was this gorgeous Golf bag pin.
 It's gold and the golf bag has mother of pearl (or at least looks like it) laid in it.  Now Susan did not know this, or maybe she did, but Mother of Pearl is my birthstone, so I was even more excited to have received this gorgeous pin.  I knew it would be going on my golf cap immediately and it's been there ever since, until now.  I know we will eventually be having a golf banquet so I thought it would only be fitting for hubby to have a golf tie tack.  (I'm assuming the banquet will be formal?  And if it's not he wears a tie to work everyday anyway so he can wear it then).

So off to gather my supplies:  Amazing Mold Putty to create my mold.  I try to make bigger  molds and add a few things together.  These are acrylic pieces off of a plastic necklace you can get anywhere.  I just cut them apart and I will be showing you a few things I made in the next couple of days/weeks.
See the golf pin to the right?


 Here is the mold after I took all the pieces out.

I dusted in some bronze Alumidust for the bag and Pewter Alumidust for the clubs and latch.  This works very well when you want two tones in one item.  You don't have to paint them afterwards.  I then filled the mold with Amazing Casting Resin with a couple drops of  black Alumilite Dye 
Cool huh? 
I added a tie tack back to the back of the bag and now hubby can wear his new tie tack whenever he wants and I will be putting my golf bag pin back onto my lucky golf cap where it belongs.

I hope you've liked my post today and I would love to hear what you have to say.  Leave me a comment and tell me what you would mold if you had the chance to mold ANYTHING?

As always, have a great day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorites have this to say