Followers

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

ATC Swap


Good morning crafters,

I went way out on a limb with this project...well, maybe not WAY out, but a bit different.  

Recently I joined an ATC Swap...what you say, Brenda did some papercrafting?  Amazing, LOL.  Yes, I did indeed do some papercrafting.  I had a lot of fun doing it, but I will give you a little background before I show you what I did.

So, my computer went on the flitz again.  I swear I have more trouble with this laptop than you can shake a stick at.  ???  Whatever that means, I just heard my mom in that.  Ok, so I was without my computer for 2 weeks, but had signed up for this ATC swap and the deadline was drawing near.  I had no idea what I wanted to do as the theme was Victorian and Book Quotes and literally a couple of days before the ATC needed to go in the mail I figured I had better get on them.  Now, without a computer I cannot print, I cannot manipulate.  I basically cannot craft, or so I thought.  Old school here we go.

My husband plays the piano and has gobs of sheet music.  I "borrowed" one of his books and made copies of some sheets music.  The paper was actually pretty old and it looks like he had written on some of it here and there.  Very distressed looking... (victorian?).  I found a quote from Jane Austen that I absolutely fell in love with.  It's from Pride and Prejudice and the quote is " To be fond of dancing was a certain step towards  falling in Love."

So I wrote, yes, by hand, that saying 12 times and cut it out in heart shaped.

I then distressed the paper a bit with some red chalk and black inking around the edges and here and there.  I glued my heart onto the sheet music which I had glued onto some chipboard and added some 3d crystal lacquer to it to make it shine.

I used my Amazing Crafting products and created a mold (Amazing mold putty) of a pendant I've had for a very long time and created 12 "Love" resin pieces.  I mixed up some Alumidust in Deep Red, Bronze and Silver and painted my mold before adding the Amazing Casting Resin.  Love the antique look.  I then glued them onto the hearts.

Once that was set in place the ATC still looked dull.  I added some pink and gold ribbon around the edges to soften them up.  Still something was missing.

I added some stick on swirls above the heart and to give it some pop of color, I added a leaf and some white sprays.  

I am really happy with the way they turned out.

Now, after I was all done and admiring my work, I realized I was only suppose to make 10 ATC, but I've made 12.  So, with that said, if you like my ATC and would like a chance to have one for yourself, leave me a comment and tell me what you like best about making ATCs.  I will choose one person at random next Monday the 15th of September.  



As always, have a great day and God Bless.



                

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorites have this to say