Saturday, April 5, 2014

Frog Dog Day 3 Time to Create Clock

 Good morning crafters and welcome to day 3 of my Frog Dog Studio creations. 
 If you missed any of the posts just keep scrolling down.
All this week I will be featuring parts and pieces from this month's Frog Dog Studio kit.  We partnered up with them this month and as one of the designers over at Amazing Mold Putty I got this month's kit about 2 weeks ago and have been dying to show you what I've made.
Here is the kit
The Frog Dog Studio April Mixed Media Kit includes:
(1) **Alumidust Powder - Red Plum; (1) StazOn Midi Ink pad - Claret; (1) StazOn Midi Ink pad - Blue Hawaii; (1) iZink Pigment Ink bottle - Gold; (1) Stampendous Mica Fragments Jar, Pearlized; (1) Dusty Attic Chipboard set - Birds; (1) Stampendous Mini Clipboard Canvas pack; (1) Set Canvas Mini's - Canvas Corp; (3) Sheets of Decopatch Tissue Paper; and (16) Tim Holtz Clear Fragments (random sizes/shapes). ** Alumidust is one of the many additives from the Alumilite Corporation.

and also the add on kit
The Frog Dog Studio  April Add-On Kit includes:
(1) Amazing Clear Cast Resin – 16 Fluid Oz Box; (1) Amazing Mold Putty – 2/3 lb Box; (25) 1 oz Measuring Cups; and (50) Wooden Stir Sticks. Valued at over $47

 So let's get started with today's project.  I've had this clock in my "need to redo" stash for a long time.  I initially bought it at a thrift store or garage sale because I thought I could do something with it for my granddaughters.  Ultimately when I got it home I realized that the clock mechanism was broke.  That's probably why I got it for .25 cents.  Either way, I put it in my "need to redo" stash and forgot about it until a couple of weeks ago when I was CLEANING my craft room.  It really needed it too.  I had also just gotten my Frog Dog Studio kit and a light bulb went off.  The pink of the clock struck an idea to use the beautiful bird of paradise paper.  I LOVE IT! 
I popped the acrylic lid off and tried prying the paper off.  
Needless to say they used more glue than I have in my craft room, LOL. 
 Unfortunately I had to destroy it. 
I measured the clock and using my cricut I cut a white piece of cardstock to fit inside my clock perfectly. 
I laid the piece of cardstock inside my clock and with a pencil circled the inner circle so I could reattach the clock mechanisms, even though they don't work.
and cut it out.
I cut my paper using the circle as my template and mod podged it to it.
Then I pulled out my Mica fragments that come with the kit.  I have NEVER seen or used these before and had no idea what to do with them.  I had to google them and got a few awesome ideas on how to use them.  I have found a new favorite product for sure.  Being on a design team definitely has enabled me to purchase things I would never have thought of or known what to do with.  I will have to get some more of these as I can see me coloring them in all sorts of beautiful colors as you will see in the next couple of pictures.
I have "dyed" a lot of things with alcohol inks and dying these fragments works fabulous.  I actually keep my little baggie with my alcohol ink because I use it over and over. 
I've dyed pearls, beads and all sorts of small items. 
Just put a few of your fragments into the baggie and add 3-4 drops of the alcohol ink.  Shake it up and within seconds you have colored fragments. 
Look how beautiful they are!  
and here is what I did with them.  I mixed both the "colored" fragments with the silver ones and then ...
...I used my Alene's paperglaze and painted onto the outside of my clock and dabbed a few of these fragments onto it.  I used to do a lot of mosaic work and this kinda reminded me of that. 
Now because the clock mechanism didn't work anymore I decided to take it apart (also because the "purple" hands didn't work with the color palette) and make a mold of the clock arms using my Amazing Mold Putty.  Just mix your putty and press your pieces into it.  If you have not seen how to make a mold click here and you can see a video of how it works.

Then I pulled my Bright Blue Alumidust out and mixed it with Part A of the Amazing Clear Cast Resin.   
Then I mixed Part A with Part B and mixed and poured my mold.
I thought for sure I had taken a picture of that, but when editing my pics it was not there??? 
I also used the "little clipboards" that came with the kit (again no pictures???  I am seriously wondering if I lost some pics somehow because I'm pretty good at taking pictures, too many at times) and painted them with the Pigment Izink in gold that comes with your kit and brushed some of the Bright Blue, Silver and a bit Cotton Candy Alumidust in the corners and set it with my heatgun. 
I added some clear/black letters to the clipboards and added a few silver flat backs onto the clipboards and hot glued them to the frame of the clock. 
See my "almost clear" bright blue hands?  They match perfect for this project. 
 I did keep the pink second hand because that did fit the color scheme. 

and now I have a clock that tells me it's "Time to Create"  ALL THE TIME! 

I hope I've inspired you to make something out of your "need to redo" stash if you have one using the products I've talked about today.  You can find everything by following the links above.  I hope you will come back tomorrow for another project I made using more of the Frog Dog Studio pieces from the April kit and of course my Amazing Crafting Products.  Please make sure to check out ALL the posts this month over at the Amazing Mold Putty Blog.  You are in for a treat with all the designers.

As always, have a great day and God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorites have this to say