Followers

Monday, January 10, 2011

Birthday Plate

Good morning crafty beings,

Today I wanted to quickly show you a plate I glass etched.  When we knew that the baby my DD was having was going to be a girl, she told us she was going to name her Bella.  Since they lived in Colorado I was not going to be able to be there for her baby shower, but I wanted to be part of it.  I had made her a diaper cake and I wanted a special plate for Bella.  I thought about making a real cake plate.  I found a glass plate at a discount store that I really liked.  I etched Bella's name on it.  I had to flip the letters in SCAL because I was going to glass etch from the back side.  Believe it or not, it did take me a few tries to figure this out.  I used a mirror to look at my SCAL program to make sure it was right.  LOL  I mailed the diapercake and the plate to her friend in Colorado and she put it together and brought it over the day of the shower.  She really loved it.

I had bought the winnie the pooh and friends cart, because she had told me she wanted to use that as her theme.  As you all know, she did change the theme to frogs.  LOL  I still like this cart, but it's definately somewhat complicated in the layering.  Anyway, back to the original project.

When they moved here, I asked my DD to make sure and bring the plate because we would be using it for Bella's birthday.  I then had to also etch her birth date on it.  Here is a picture showing how I used the vinyl on the backside of the plate with the etching cream.  I know the vinyl is cow patterened.  I had gotten it on clearance somewhere.  Its a huge roll and I use it mainly for etching purposes. 


Here is the picture of it completed.  We will use this plate every year for her birthday cake or cupcakes.  Depending on what we have.


I hope you enjoyed this quick idea.

As always, have a great day and god bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorites have this to say