Followers

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Birthday Banner and My Pink Stamper Design Team Challenge

Good day all happy people,



As most of you know we celebrated Bella's 1st Birthday on Sunday, January 2nd.  Her actual birthday was December 31st.  I showed you some of the things I had made for her birthday in previous posts.  As I was watching some youtube video for some more ideas I came across a video from My Pink Stamper regarding her design team submission.  She said she was going to post the challenge on Saturday on her blog.  Her challenge was to use these three colors, pink, green and brown.  Woot, woot.  I was already using green and pink.  Now I just needed to add some brown somewhere.  This is what I came up with.  Now, I know I won't be picked for her design team, but it was fun to participate in a challenge.  I want to do more of them this year.  I think I might have a day set aside for my personal challenge submissions.  I don't know yet.  Anyway, we had to list the recipe. 

This is what I used:
Pink Cardstock (No brand)
Green Cardstock (All Dressed Up Stack Glittered from DCWV)
Brown Cardstock with Pink Polka Dots (Sunburn Designs Two Cool)
Pink/Brown Ribbon (American Crafts)
Rhinestones
Ribbon Hole Punch
ATG Gun

I used my Cricut and my SCAL.  First I created a triangle shape and welded circles onto it to create the scallop look.  I cut this at 4.7 by 5.4 inches (Pink).  Then I created another triangle (Green) and fit it inside.  I cut a scallop circle (Brown) in SCAL at 2.42 inches.  I used the Bernard MT Condensed font to spell Bella's name (Green) and then again with the Shadowed Blackout (Rounded)(Pink).  I used my ATG gun to adhere all the pieces together.  I also used SCAL (game pieces in the shapes library) and broke apart and cut just the crown out of pink cardstock.  I had purchased Kristal's face digital stamps because I liked the look of faces on some of her designs.  It was perfect for the crown.  I added some rhinestones to the crown and the cute face.  I then used my ribbon punch to punch holes in the triangles and slipped this cute pink and brown ribbon through it.  The best part of this whole project?  I used everything from my stash.  YEAH!!!  I just love the look of this banner. 

I hope you enjoyed my project and I look forward to any comments you might want to leave.  Good or bad criticism is inspiring.  Thanks again for joining me on my blog venture and as always, have a great day and god bless.

8 comments:

  1. beautiful! makes me wish I has scal.
    TFS~Raechel
    http://raechelscards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never say never!! I said I would never be good enough to be on anyone's DT. Well the very next day, I was asked to be on a DT. Don't believe me? Ask KAndrew!! And that was less than 5 months ago. Now I am on 3 DTs and Lead DT on one of them. Never say you will never be chosen. Cause you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! It's gorgeous. I love my SCAL too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love your banner! it's gorgeous..
    Just became a follower...Would Love it if you could visit or follow my blog...
    Minta

    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I am so into banners these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful and it is a wonderful entry. I think you are defintily worthy to be picked. However if you are not, it's just becuase I'm sure there are a TON of entries.
    I'm never good at trying out for things, so I'm sure your luck is WAY better than mine! LOL
    Love you dear friend!
    You deserve all good things

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!!! Good Luck!!! -Sam :-)

    p.s. I'm a new blog follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Luck! I hope you check out mine at
    http://sweetsassydiva-gspot.blogspot.com

    I am enjoying all the variety and creativity! Great way to start the year! TFS! Happy birthday little one! :)

    We are doing a blog hop today for the three Kings day and there will be some yummy blog candy along the way! I hope you can stop by

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say