Followers

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Cracked Glass Bobbles

Good morning,

Here is a quick tutorial for creating personalized glass bobbles.  I have a friend who has cancer and she wanted purple cracked marbles for herself, her mother and her girls to wear while she is going through her treatments.  She had found this awesome tutorial on pintrest and asked me if I could do this.  "Well, even if I can't I'm going to give it a college" try I said.  I looked high and low for purple marbles and couldn't find any.  But I did have those flat back glass gems you can buy at the Dollar Tree in all sizes.  I grabbed 4 of them, put them each in a muffin tin and backed them at 320 degrees for 20 minutes.  As soon as you take them out of the oven throw them into a bowl of ice water and they CRACK, but not all the way through.  So awesome.  Then I mod podged some purple tissue paper to the back of them and let that dry for a couple of hours.  I used my E6000 glue and attached a finding to the back of each gem and now we just need to add a jump ring and a chain and she has her Cracked Glass Bobbles.


Isn't this lovely?


Here are the four I made.  So simple and yet so beautiful.

I hope you enjoyed today's quick post and hope to see you real soon.  

Please leave a comment cuz I love comments and tell me what you think of today's project.

As always, have a great day and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful effect and such a wonderful gift! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say