Followers

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cards

Hi all -

I must say time is getting away from me.  Either I am working or just too tired to craft...wait, did I really just say that?, too tired to craft.  Ah yes, I did.  I have just felt so worn out lately.  I just don't know what's wrong.  I am hoping whatever has got me so run down will hurry up and go away. 

We finished our OWH cards and I will be posting them hopefully tomorrow.  It was alot of fun making them and meeting some very nice ladies.  They were a fun group.  We made a "Hero" card for an individual soldier and I wrote a little note to someone I don't even know.  I do appreciate each and every one of them.  I am a very patriotic person, in fact, I think I will upload some of my pictures of my dining room.  The entire room is loaded with RED, WHITE and BLUE.  Some things I've made, some things I've received as gifts and some things I've bought. 

The picture above the wreath was purchased at the State Fair.  The gal that made it used only spray paint, a spactula and soem paper.  Very cool to watch.Yes, I made those curtains myself.  The cowboy hat was given to me by a friend who got it in Texas, and the baseball cap came from an American Legion in Tennessee.  Even my friends bring me things from all over.Can you even see the clock?  Talk about clutter.  I mosaiced the birdhouse (to the right of the clock) using glass tiles and beads.  Love how it turned out.Just another wall with more clutter, but I don't care. 

Okay, onto my cards.  I knew I was going to have a long weekend at work, so I took some cardstock and some patterned paper to work with me and created a few cards.  I've fallen in love with making Z fold cards.  I can't remember where I saw one, but it was interesting to me.  I love making cards and this was just another attempt at trying something different.  They are super easy to make.  Cut a piece of card stock at 4 1/4 x 11.  Score from the left side at 2 3/4 and then again at 5 1/2.  Fold in half at the 5 1/2 score and then fold back at the 2 3/4.  So when you stand your card up it looks like a Z from the top.  Then I used the same pattern paper pretty much on the entire card, but I've seen them with different papers.  Remember, there is no right or wrong way to embellish.  Just go with how you feel.  Anyway, I made two baby boy cards and one Bee Happy card.  I just took random pattern paper and started to make the card.  I wasn't sure where I was going with them because I didn't have any embellishments with me.  Only the paper.  Today I then finished them by adding the sentiments and the bees and the happy sentiment.  It was funny that I actually had this stuff in my stash.  I didn't buy anything for these cards.  That kinda tells you I have too much stash.  LOL  Well here are the cards, leave a comment and let me know what you think.

I am very pleased with how they turned out.  The ribbon on the Bee Happy card was white.  I ran it over my inkpad to match the paper since I didn't have the right color.  Again, everything I used was from my stash.  Scraps and no purchases.  Yeah!!!

As always, have a great day and god bless.

3 comments:

  1. Girl this stuff is amazing! I love your american decor--that clock omg--I wish I had one but with owls--oooh la la--I would flip!
    You always do such great stuff--I'm proud to call you friend.
    have you started Hobby Lobby yet????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so cute. Love the idea for coloring your ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your red, white and blue room! There is not too much clutter at all! you should see my clutter! lol I think it is beautiful and wish I could pull off one so pretty. Your cards are wonderful!
    Have a sunny day!
    Linda M

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say