Followers

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Plaque

Good morning and welcome to another Robin's Nest post.  The papers they have are incredible and this month the Flame Collection is 20% off. There is so much versatility.  Here is a plaque I was commissioned to make.  My business is picking up more and more and for that I am very thankful.  A coworker asked me to make something "Harley Davidson" for her bff.  I remembered these papers I had gotten from the Robin's Nest and knew exactly what I wanted to do for her.  This is how I started:
I started with one of my trays 
and painted it black actually I had to do 3 coats.
I used my cricut to cut out some diamond shapes in orange paper 
and I cut their names inside of the "symbol" from vinyl and layered it over orange cardstock.
I used a piece of foam core and glued a photo page onto it
For this month's project we received a punch.  I had never seen one of these before and I cannot tell you how much fun this is.  I will lead you step by step through the process. 
This is what it looks like 
Find the placement of your paper  
add your "bubble" top
add the safety cap and close the lid 
Now put some pressure on it and "punch" 
Open it up and out comes your bubble topped embellishment. 
Cool huh? 
I added orange paper over the black acrylic paint with mod podge.  I added the black diamond shaped dew drops onto the orange diamond cut outs 
and added some of the rest of the "flame" papers to the edge of the "picture" frame. 
She really loved how this turned out.  She plans on putting a picture of her friends on their "Harley" into the photo holder.  I hope I've inspired  you again to alter something and make it into something you love.

As always, have a great day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorites have this to say