Followers

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Lasting Memories "Color Me Happy"

Happy Sunday all...I'm finally back with a layout for Lasting Memories.  I am so glad to be on track again and I want to apologize to everyone that have missed me.  I pretty much took most of the month of November off with a few exceptions, but now I am back and ready to show off some fun things.  This week's challenge at Lasting Memories is Color Me Happy with a color inspiration
 and a sketch...
this was just too fun to do.  Back in June I was asked to make a few flower arrangements for one of my friend's son's financee's bridal shower.  Wow say that 3 times fast...  I had never met the bride to be, but the Mother of the Groom (my friend) purchased all the flowers and vases and all I had to do was put them together.  The idea was to have the arrangements for the bridal shower and then the bride to be, 2 bridesmaids, maid of honor, 2 mothers and 3 grandmothers were to take them home.  Since I didn't know too many of the participants I stayed somewhat simple, but it was fun to create them.  The layout is of a few of my favorites arrangements I had made using the MyMemories digital scrapbooking program.  I wanted to create a traditional layout, but I need to step back into the crafting world with baby steps...LOL  Besides, I just love using the digital layout program so much.  It's super easy to use and there was just a new upgrade release last Tuesday and I just had to have it...it has a few awesome changes and I am eager to figure more out.
as of right now, I still have not had to make a purchase for the software.  Everything you see in this layout has been "free" and free is always a good thing.  Seriously, there are so many different embellishments, papers, etc on their website that you can download for free.  Of course there are PLENTY of things you can purchase, but as of yet I have not had the need.  I love the way this layout turned out.
 
Now I hope I've inspired you to create a layout using the sketch and the color inspiration and if you like this layout you might want to think about purchasing the MyMemories software.  You can use this code:  STMMMS28873 and you will get $10 off the software and also $10 worth of downloads.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Sunday, Brenda. Very pretty layout. Love the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! :) Thank you for sharing---and you did a super job on the flowers for the shower:) I'm sure all were thankful and blessed:) be blessed Beyond Measure
    Tammy
    www.bbbm.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Love the colors you picked. The photos are gorgeous too. Free is good too. Welcome back.

    Vicki
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you LOVE this software??? This layout is awesome and LOVE those arrangements!! Well done and very nice!!! Nice to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Back! LOVE the layout and the flowers are AWESOME! Have a GREAT Day,
    Me-Ma Kim
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely need to play with my software. Just got it a few weeks ago. You did a great job. Love the colors and the showcase of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning layout Brenda!! I Like your flowers in the shoe! Very fun!! I think I am the only one without this software. :-)

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say