Followers

Monday, November 7, 2011

Anniversary card with Creative Paperclay®

Good day all


I know it's been a while since I've shared anything and I want to thank EVERYONE that has sent me emails and contacted me on facebook with your concerns.  I know I had said I really wanted a job for my birthday, and not only did I get one, but I got two...and time has just gotten away from me.  I seriously have not been in my craft room for sooooo long I forgot what it looked like.  Even while I am typing this I feel I am in a strange place.  LOL  I have been working crazy hours and my sleep pattern has been very interrupted, but I am going to try to get back on track somehow...


So without further ado I wanted to share a super quick and simple card I made using an embellishment I made from a mold with my Creative Paperclay®.  I love to go to discount stores and thrift stores to buy my crafting supplies.  The other day I was at a thrift store and in their kitchen section was a huge bag full of cake molds.  I couldn't see everything in this bag, but there was a lot and it was only $3.  I couldn't wait to get home and check out my new finds.  There were molds for flowers, leaves, rings, bells and birds.  I needed to get an anniversary card in the mail so I thought I'd use the bird for that.
 I used my  Creative Paperclay® and added it to the mold and let it dry for a couple of hours.
 Once I released it from the mold I let it harden the rest of the way and then I added some white metallic rubons to it and made it a glossy white.
I really like the look of this bird and I know my friends will love the card.
You can still purchase the clay at Hobby Lobby, Joanne's and some Michaels are still carrying it, so head out and get yourself some and show me something you made with it.  Once you've played with it, I am sure you will love it.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Brenda this is beautiful! I have to check this out:)

    Congrats on your new jobs..:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!!! I've been missing a bit myself!!!

    Love your card, and I love what you've been doing with the paperclay!!!

    Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so creative and pretty so glad you have a little time to create

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative! I love the mold-very nice way to make your own embellishments. TFS Cathie

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say