Followers

Friday, February 18, 2011

Layout Favorites and challenge entries

Good evening all,

With all that has been going on personally and blogginy (is that a word?) I have been very overwhelmed.  As most of you know I participated (posted) in a huge blog hop over the weekend at Kandrew's blog.  It was fun fabulous.  I have also been working my butt off at my "real" job because I need a week off for the State dart tournament next week.  I know, you are all feeling so very sorry for me.  LOL  Really, I take my darts very seriously and this is the biggest tournament I will be participating in this year.  I am very excited, but very nervous also, so if you wanna cross your fingers for me for a little bit that would be nice.  Thanks.

Anyway, through this giant blog hop I gained many followers and have found some new challenges to participate in.  Kristal has a challenge right now for Memory Miser and you could win the Pack Your Bags cartridge.  This is her only stipulation:  All you have to do is think of a A to Z project! What is that? Anything you want it to be as long as it has some type of Alphabet theme (think LETTERS, alphabet blocks, word stamps, letter diecuts, letter stickers, you name it--totally open to your interpretation)  It can be any project using any materials you like!  I also found a new site during this hop that is all about scrapbook challenges.  Nothing but scrapbooking.  Maybe this will help me get back on track with my scrapbooks.  I very rarely post my pages because most of them are very personal to me and I don't feel too comfortable posting them.  I found this site for some scrapbook challenges and this week's challenge was PINK, RED, WHITE.  Oh so my favorite colors, plus BLUE.  SO, this is my page and I am entering it into both challenges.


Everything on this page is from my stash.  I had some miscellaneous alpha stickers so I backed them with some simple RED squares to spell out FAVORITES.  I love the RED, WHITE and BLUE.  Some of you remember a post about my dining room.  It's all decorated in red, white and blue motif.  The flag you see in the picture is a wall hanging and you are supposed to put each state's quarters where the stars would go.  I also love the color pink and this rose in the picture was one my husband had given to me on our anniversary.  I took a picture of another rose and cut it out and placed it on the bottom left corner.  I added some real blue jean scraps and a buckle from some overalls I cut apart and backed the picture with a scrap of material also.  I then added the word ROSES in REDWHITE and BLUE stickers.  The word AND is backed with some flag stickers and overlayed with some epoxy bubbles.  I really don't know what else to call them.  This layout is very personal to me and I really love the way it came together.  I did not use my cricut on this page at all.  WOW!!! 

As always, have a great day and god bless the RED, WHITE and BLUE and PINK roses

9 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Lasting Memories!! Nice to see new faces. Love your layout and all the fun stuff you added! Hope you join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda! Just got your comment on the blog and really hope you'll continue to join us each week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely LOVE your LO! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I love your patriotic take on our red, pink, and white challenge! The photos are beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see a new face, and hope you can join us again at Lasting Memories. Great layout.

    hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice page Brenda. I'm glad that you found Lasting Memories and decided to share your layout. How creative to mat your photo with fabric from your overalls. Nice way to incorporate non-traditional items into your pages. I hope you will join us again at Lasting Memories. Good luck at the dart tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice page! I'm glad you found us at Lasting Memories, thanks for playing along this week! Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely LOVE this page--perfect girl for the ABC challenge--those letters just pop off the page!
    I am so glad we met and became blog friends!
    Thank you for playing my Getting Cricky Challenge for the Pack Your Bags Cartridge! I so appreciate you!

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    Kristal

    ReplyDelete
  9. fun layout! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Lasting Memories! =)Tiffany DT

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say