Followers

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Festive Fridays 2-25

Good Day all -

Welcome all to another Festive Fridays. If you are new to us, sit back, grab a cup of coffee, relax and enjoy some wonderful Christmas Cards. Yes, I did say Christmas. Festive Fridays will be every other Friday with samples of Christmas cards. This way, you can be making your cards all year long and you will avoid the mad rush when you could be enjoying the Christmas Season. You should have just come from Debbie. If you stumbled upon this post you can go back to Terri and start at the beginning. I will also have a complete list of the Festive Friday hop at the end of this post in case you get lost along the way.

Today I used my gypsy to create my card.  I know there are alot of christmas trees on different carts, but I made my own using only the George cart.  I wanted to challenge myself a little and by that mean I created a file instead of using a premade christmas tree file.  All I did was made 4 rounded triangles at different widths and heights and welded them together plus a rectangle of 1 x 1.11 for the tree trunk.  I then copied the welded tree and pasted it and flipped it.  I then welded the two trees together to make the base of the card.  I cut that at 4.25 by 10 making it a 4.25 by 5 card.  I then cut the  four triangles out again in two different shades of green and adhered them to the base.  I used my ATG gun and glued the trunk and the first layer on; the remaining three triangles I layered using pop dots to give it dimension.  I also cut a star out of yellow cardstock at 1.12 x 1.  I added a gold star brad and then used my gold glitter glue around the brad to make it shiny and pop a bit.  I added the "lights" by using my imaginisce.  I love my I-Rock.  I stamped "December 25th" using a stamp by Hampton Art that I had received in a swap.  It's a 6 sentiment stamp set and I love it.  You will probably see this stamp set throughout most of my cards this year.  Now ... I turned this card into a "Gift Card".  I added a strip of paper to the inside of the card and adhered it on the 3 sides so you can slip cash into it.  The card was not made wide enough for a gift card, however that could be easily adjusted.  This is such an easy card to make.  I really think it turned out super cute and would love to hear what you think.  Thanks again for following along our Festive Fridays hop and I hope I have inspired you to make a "Gift Card".  If you would like the gypsy file, please leave me a comment with your email addy and I will send it as soon as possible.


You could easily stamp another sentiment or anything you wish on the "pocket" to the inside.

I hope you enjoyd my card and now your next stop will be Yolonda

Here is a complete lineup for all the next stops in case you get lost along the way:
Brenda Lee Burfeind (That's me)

As always, have a great day and god bless








3 comments:

  1. Always looking for gift card type cards! Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gife card idea! i am having my first challenge if you want to join in! Dina

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card! love the pocket idea

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say