Followers

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Candle ambiance

Good afternoon crafty people,

Today I want to show you a quick tutorial of how I created a candle from a upcycled jar!

If you remember about a month-and-a-half I was a participant in a blog hop for stencil girl.  I created an awesome elephant Mosaic in blacks and purples! (You can see the full tutorial here 


After it had been sitting on my end table for a while I thought it might need some ambiance with it so I created this!


I started with a plain jar that hubby threw the lid away for (always upcycling) and mod podge and food coloring! Just pour some mod podge and a few drops of food coloring into the jar and swirl it around! Turn it upside down on some newspaper and after it dries put it in the oven for about 30 minutes at 225 degrees!


Now I really do like the look of the clear glass but I was going for another look.

After pulling it out of the oven I let it sit for a while and then I took a spray bottle filled with water and my looking glass spray paint and spritzed the jar with the water and then spritzed some of the glass paint. I also just ran my fingernails across the jar while it was still somewhat wet to give it some openings. And this is what you get!


After it completely dried I plopped a candle inside the jar and set it next to my mosaic for a nice glow!




Pretty awesome, right?  I hope you've enjoyed my quick tutorial and please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to keep following my blog for future tutorials!

Have a great day - Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorites have this to say