Followers

Friday, January 15, 2016

Toasting the New Year's Party with a Wine Themed set of Earrings and new design team!

                                



Good day friends and Happy New Year! I am so excited to tell you about a new design team I am on!  YEAH!

I've been on the design team over at Get Creative Challenge and am having a wonderful time coloring digi images.  Angie is also running the Simply Create Too blog and I am one of the newest members over there now also.  I'm really excited about designing with these fabulous ladies because I get to make whatever I want to as long as I follow the theme!  YEAH!

This month's theme is PARTY TIME challenge #100 and thus I created some wonderful earrings that I wore on New Year's Eve.  

As some of you know I work in a wine store and I get asked over and over if we have any jewelry with a Wine motif. My boss just isn't into stuff like that – so I decided I wanted a pair of earrings to wear for New Years Eve and I wanted them to have a wine motif.

So let's get started!


I started out by cutting a wine bottle and glass shape {welded with my Cricut} out of some cereal boxes! I love to upcycle. I cut the pieces 14 times because I wasn't sure how thick I wanted the glued together pieces to be.


Here are my Cricut cuts and I used 5 of them to get the desired thickness.


Then I mixed up a batch of the Amazing Mold Putty – you can view mixing preparations HERE. I sprayed some UMR Mold Release onto the mold putty before pressing the chipboard into it because I did not want the chipboard to stick to it.


The mold came out beautifully!


Next I brushed some Lt. Green Alumidust where the bottle would be and left an area open where I think the glasses would be. I then mixed up some Amazing Clear Cast Resin {and you can watch a video tutorial HERE} because I wanted the "glasses" to be see through.


So far so good... I then took a silver paint pen and highlighted around the bottle, put a stopper on the top and edged around the wine glass area.


I added some seed beads with E6000® and used
a red paint pen to add some color to the bottle.


Attached some jewelry findings with E6000® 
and I was ready for New Years Eve!


I absolutely love my new earrings created just in time for the Party!
If you are going to CHA you might even see my cuts being used!

Now I hope you've enjoyed my post and my first project for Simply Create Too!

Make sure you follow the theme and join in some fun over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorites have this to say