Followers

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Glass Tiles and tissue paper

Good day all,

I first want to apologize for not being here lately. We've had a busy July and just haven't had time to really be on blogger.  We went on a 12 day vacation (I'll be posting about that soon) and just got back last week.  Of course then I went right back to work and it's been non stop again since.  So, with that said let's get onto my project for Sakura.

They have these awesome glass tiles and bails and I couldn't wait to get crafting with them.  I wasn't sure what to do exactly and I knew I wanted something that popped.  My favorite color is purple so of course I would be going in that direction.  As always, I love to experiment so this is what I came up with.  I took some ordinary tissue paper and the Interference Lilac Pearl mixer with the 3D Crystal lacquer and painted a section of the tissue paper with it and while it was still wet, plopped the glass tile right on top of it.  I didn't paint perfectly to give it some dimension.  The tissue paper wrinkled a little bit also, but that's the "cool" affect.
Once that dried I flipped the tile over and added the bail also with the 3D Crystal Lacquer and painted over the entire back of the tile again to really seal it.  It's now even waterproof. 
Just added it to a couple of strands of ribbon and now I have the perfect pendant. 
What's also cool about this pendant is, depending on the light you see a lot of different color in it. 
So I hope you go and try using some tissue paper and mixers and see what you can come up with.

I will be back later this week and show you some more "Amazing" jewelry crafts

As always, have a great day and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely awesome! This is indeed very creative. I really find this very interesting to make. This is very much adorable and pretty. I'm sure my kids will love this, too. Thanks for sharing this guide. Two thumbs up for this.

    -http://theglassmosaicoutlet.com/

    ReplyDelete

My favorites have this to say