Followers

Friday, April 20, 2012

Easter layout

Good day all,


yes, I am really here posting for real.  I have been very busy with some personal things and work keeps getting in the way also.  I recently got a promotion at work and I have been very busy working all kinds of different shifts.  It's a good thing, but I miss crafting.  Also we are doing a bit remodeling in our home so I've been without a "real" craft room for awhile.  When I have been crafting I've taken over the dining room, living room and even the bathroom at times.  LOL  My "new" craft room is almost finished.  It's nothing spectacular but its bigger than the "closet" I was in.  I would share pictures but again it's nothing spectacular and it's still not what I really want but beggers can't be choosers.
So, since rearranging I started to really get the crafting bug and I also realized I hadn't shared any pictures of my newest granddaughter.  Infact, I haven't even done any layouts of her and she just turned 5 weeks.  Bad Oma...so I decided to do a layout of the girls at Easter.  I hope you like it...
At my daughter's baby shower, my soon to be sister-in-law bought the girls matching outfits.  I do not like the color yellow much but I have to honestly say these outfits are adorable.  Since they were so springy we decided they would be perfect for their Easter picture.  Tell me what you think:
I really like it
I added some silk flowers, a basket and bunny I cut with my SCAL2 and cricut.  I made some floral picks with the girls names and added some bees and some glitz.
Here is a close up of the girls' picture.  Bella didn't like the Easter bunny last year, but she was the "big sister" this year and she did wonderful.  I reflected all of that on the journaling tag.

Here is the banner I made.  I cut egg shapes from some glitzy paper I have with my SCAL2 and cricut and glued the letters from the Best Occasions Scrap Pack.  I love this paper because it's so springy and girly.  I also added a few birdies to the "clothesline".  Now onto the unique embellishment...the clothes pins.
I made a mold of those tiny wooden clothespins with my Amazing Mold Putty.  If you remember I was on the design team for them and I still have a little bit left over.  I tell you, when I run out I know I will be using my Michaels 40% coupons religiously on this stuff.  I can make any embellishment I want and will never have to buy another.  It's so much fun making my own embellishments.
Then I mixed the Amazing Casting Resin with some flesh colored dye and poured the molds.  I can make my clothespins any color I desire...yeah!!!
Aren't they just cute?  I didn't paint the "wire" part.  Actually I didn't think of it until I had already adhered them to the layout, but its not that big of a deal.  I don't think anyway...

So, now I better get some of those pictures off my camera and printed so I can create some more layouts of Miss Alexis.  I hope she will forgive me for not having any layouts done until now.

Thanks for stopping by and make sure you come back on Monday the 23rd for a hop I am participating in.  There will be some fabulous talent like always.

1 comment:

My favorites have this to say